Heading To Blue Cypress

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Clayton

Reaction score
Heading down to Blue Cypress on Monday for 3 days, used to fish it quite often in the 80's and haven't been back since. Beautiful lake and I know it has some big'uns in there but was hard to fish back in the day and I'm sure it hasn't changed much since then.......Hope to be able to give a great report on my return...

Hey Don, are the lakes filling up in OKC? The city opened the gates on the damn at Lawtonka last Wednesday. I hear that the dock is back in the water at Ellsworth.

Mike enjoy your trip, look forward to your report.

Don't know about Hefner but the rest are full and over flowing. I have had over 10 inches of rain here at my place. Glad the lake are getting full but not all at once.

I agree, 7 year drought and we get all the water back in a week.

Well Blue Cypress hasn't changed to much, lot of mud fish, water is very high but still one beautiful lake..... went to stick marsh and did manage to catch a few, no biggies, but first time there and it's has a ton of water to fish, storm came in and got soaked before I could put rain gear on. Lot of stumps, broke my new transducer mount but have another on it's way thanks to Hummingbird at no charge... few pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg