• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Nitro Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Hds8 cover wtb.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtmaxdad

Reaction score
Looking for a used sun cover for an hds8.
I'll strap it down or remove it next time before I get on the interstate.

Hi there;
Sounds familiar to me. Had a HB Helix 8 at the dash. Lost the Cover on the highway. Could not find it later going back and forth.
Bought a replacement Cover from E-bay (Gaaaah!} and received in a couple days. Next trip to the lake the Mrs. saw it in the gravel along side the hi-way.
So, went to the hardware store and bought a Velcro Strap. About 18" length. Velcro'ed the back of the strap to the back of the HB Unit using a couple of Velcro strips and the other ends loose. Just buckled-through before travel. Always do this on depth finders subject to the wind on hi-ways.
Yeah, sold the spare on (you know).

Nice. My buddies flew off just driving the boat. Ever since then, for mine, I get those Rubber/wire ties and wrap it over the top of cover. When I go to use it, just unbend one side slip it down a bit. Works pretty good.

Latest posts

Back