HDS7 and Sonic Hub

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Weinstein

Reaction score
When I got my Z9 and needed access to satellite radio (financial news for work) on trips, I decided to buy the sonic hub and weather antenna rather than a separate satellite radio. But my HDS7 was the older version (2010 Z9) without soft keys so I had to control AM/FM/Satellite through HDS7 menus. It took the Nitro dealer and I a while to figure out how to work it...like over a few weeks...but I eventually did. It went OK for two trips, until I switched to FM radio once. I've never been able to control anything since (AM vs FM vs Satellite vs volume or any channel selection even though I've been emailing Lowrance tech support.

My question is....has anyone else got this setup, and, is it working for you? I hate wasting money, truly, but think I'm way over my head on this one....financially too...by about $500!

1) Press the "Pages" button until the Sonic Hub Box is highlighted (orange highlight around the long rectangle Sonic Hub box at the bottom).
2) Press the "Menu" button and it should show the sonic hub menu.
3) Change the settings from there.

If that doesn't work, let me know. I own HDS-8's, so I don't use the 7's much. But I'm going to be around an HDS-7 tomorrow, so I can run through the menu real quick and write down specific directions if I don't have them right. I'm pretty sure I have the procedure correct though.

All the best,
Glenn

Yes. I do. Did those instructions help? If not, let me know and I'll do my best to ensure its figured out.
All the best,
Glenn

Latest posts

Back