Haven't seen one of these in a while . . . . . . .

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
ROLL CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My name is Mark, but most folks call me MO. I live in the St. Louis metro area and I'm 38 (or is it 39?. I'm not as funny as most folks on this board, but I enjoy being a part of the group and will say some (and DO some) really dumb stuff every now and again. I don't own a pet (wife's allergic), but my toy is a Tournament V-18 with a Merc 150XR6. I pull it with a '97 Ford F-150 extended cab 4x2. I use it to fish for trout, crappie, bass and memories. I grew up on the western slope of Colorado near Grand Junction, and went to college in Nebraska. Had ambitions to be a state trooper, but God saw fit to put me in the service of his church. I don't preach, but enjoy teaching. I've met Scott and Mac in person, but the rest of you are just pictures or words as far as I can tell.

My other hobbies are computer flight simulators, camping, building web sites and traveling. Let me know if you're coming through the area. I'd love to meet you. Well, MOST of you anyway. All 'cxept you, CanoeGuide1. You're just plain arrogant.

TrepMan here, AKA Michael Trepper, married going on 11 years in June with 2 boys (Noah 5, Eli 2). Work for IBM from home (love that commute!). Have a 2000 Pro Crappie 175 w/40hp Merc. Have lived in the north Atlanta area for the last 7 years. Fish for what ever bites back, typically Bass and Panfish (with the boys on board). This is my first real boat (last one was a 14ft Jon Boat w/5hp) and have had zero major problems and with 2 little boys I'll probably have it for a LONG TIME to go.

I've only met Rich Stern, Dan J. (BPS Atlanta) and Texas Transplant (used to work with him at GTE). Would LOVE to meet the rest of you but with work and kids can't travel too far. If anyone wants to fish down south or meet w/in a few hours drive i'll be happy to bring mine or be a backseat fisherman.

OK..... My name is S. Scott Matheis. I live on the other side of St. Louis from Mark (MOFish) in Glen Carbon, Illinois. I don't own a boat at this time, but had a 1995 Nitro 180 with a 115 Merc. I do own a 16' Old Town "Camper" canoe.

I'll fish for anything! Bass or trout most of the time. I've met Mark, Rich Stern, John F. and his family, Mac, Chris, Mike H......

For a living, I sell used, over-the-road trucks; Kenworths, Peterbilts, Volvos, Freightliners..... And, "Yes", I am licensed to drive them as well! You want to see adults act like kids? Take them for a ride in a BIG truck! (They can't wait to blow the horn!)

Divorced for many years. No kids. Just "Tigger", my chocolate point, siamese cat. Looking for a woman who is smaller than I am (5'6", 140#) and who loves to fish! Any age, race, religion..... I don't care! (If she already has a boat, it would be a BIG plus!)

I'm addicted to Classical Music.....

And I always sign.....

me!

ummmm...uhhhh...ummmm....hi, my name's Ken, and ummm...uhhhh...ummmm yes ummmm I can admit now that I am ummmmmm uhhhhhh a ummmm BASSAHOLIC!!!!!!

But seriously...Ken Neeley here...AKA...Ken Neeley here.

General Manager of Tracker Marine at BPS in Auburn Hills, Mi. I'm 34 years old, 5'-9" with brown hair and green eyes. I like walks on the beach, picnics, and puppies...oops, sorry, wrong website for that!!!

I have 1 son and best friend, Ben, who is 13 and hopefully will have some news soon to share about my marital status, which is currently single.

My goal is to bring excellent customer service to my little corner of the world, and to be elected president...KEN AND MAC....BETTER THAN CRACK!!!

My other hobbies include hunting and skydiving, and C&L's after the activities. Give me a holler whenever you're in the Detroit area....

My name is mike 33, I currently reside in leesburg va. Im an assistant superintendant at a local golf course.(no jokes guys) I own a 1996 pro 17 with a 60 merc. I am engaged to be married at las vegas sept 14 2002. NO KIDS,1 dog, yellow lab my favorite fishing partner. 1 cat, humm anybody want a 14 year old cat with a bad temperment. FREE will deliver!!! Mostly fish the potomac and chesapeake.Will probly be asking for advice from time to time, ( ok alot) I am an eternal tinker'r

My name is Paul. Fairly new to bass fishing (3 yrs), this board (3 months), and boat ownership (little over 6 weeks). I'm 36 and occasionally visit my home in Dallas. I actually live out of my suitcase, traveling the central US as a data storage consultant. I have a permanent girlfriend who keeps me out of trouble, and two cats who let me know that humans are an inferior species.

I also fly to Portland, OR one weekend a month for a visit with my kids Aelishia,13 and Kevin,11 (thank goodness for freq. flyer miles). For a few weeks every summer, the kids and I migrate to N. Idaho for hiking, sailing, huckleberry pickin', and some awesome trout fishing. The boat will come with me this summer, so add water skiing to the list.

I thank all for the guidance, and the laughs, that have accompanied my requests for information. Hope to meet y'all in the future.

hi i'm stan. 45 years old, 1 dog, 1 cat, 1 girlfriend.vice president of our local club that i have been in for 10 years. i like all kinds of fishing,but i primarily bass fish.i have a 1989 1800 tf with 115 mariner that i just got late last fall. before that i fished out of a converted ski boat for the last 10 years. i'm looking foward to the comfort and organization that i now have. i'll take anybody fishing that wants to go. man,woman,child or dog.i really enjoy this web site. and have received a lot of good info about my boat. and more info than i could ever use about jacknuts LOL. there are 3 nitro boats in my club and we have all used it. hi carli,steve,and bob.the name of our club is town-n-country rod & reel out of berlin ny. thanks stan

when i say we all use it i meant this site. i also forgot other hobbies, deer hunting,rifle and black powder and i do mechanical work on atv"s and motorcycles. and i really enjoy a good game of pool.thanks stan

Okay I'll Bite:

My name is Jim, Retired E-7 Army, currently working for Consulting Engineering Firm as Mechanical/HVAC designer. Married 26 years wife Donna and one daughter, Heather who just graduated from Clarkson University here in upstate N.Y.. Hobbies include Tournament fishing, pan fishing, working with kids, hunting, kyaking and canoeing. I love the outdoors. Owned a Ranger 320 Cammanchie for 12 yrs. Just bought a Tracker Avalanche to use this tournament season. Look forward to meeting many of you at the Rally.

Considering going to the Tracker Rally on Table Rock this fall. Placed 4th last year at the Table Rock Tournament. Partner/brother-in-law Mike O.

Dave Tully here. Also military retired, USAF 23 yrs. Now I spend my days playing with pc's and our network for the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.

Fairly new to bass fishing (2 years) and on my 2nd Tracker boat, my current being a Nitro 901CDX.

My wife Anna of 10 years is very understanding and supporting of my new found bass fishing habit. I believe she just really likes have the house alone!

Haven't heard of the Tracker Rally on Table Rock this fall. What are the dates and how do I sign up?

O.K. my turn,

Pierre Voisine, 29 years young, Married no children. I am a State Team meber running a slick looking NX882. My hobbies include fishing, fishing, preparing for fishing, and hockey.

I am a Project Manager (product development) Notice I listed my hobbies first!, I also teach various course relating to firefighting. I try to get as many tournaments as possible and only fish for walleye during the waiting period for Bass season.

The Good: I will try to help anyone in anyway possible and my The Bad: I've made too many promisses tothe Michigan guys I can't keep...like showing up!

Have not met many of you , but will at the rally...promise!

Oh yeah....I'm Canadian,

Pierre

I'm Eric Howe, originally from Ohio, military moved me to Maine then to my current loaction here in sunny Jacksonville, Florida. I'm a P-3 Flight Engineer with 12.5 yrs in and still going stong. I own a 1999 NX882 with a 150 and fish the St Johns and Rodman res. Last but not least - GO BUCKEYES !!!!!

See ya on the water

I'm 34 male living in Plano,TX... soon to be living in Frisco,TX ...once my house is finished. I grew up in Stockbridge, WI. I own a 2000 NX882 w/ efi 150 and I love it. I have 3 boys 10,12,and 14 Kurtis, Kory,and Kyle and a baby girl do in July... wish me luck!

I have wonderful wife named Jill and 2 dogs, Ludwig and LuLu

I sell Dodge trucks at Huffines Dodge Plano

I'm fishing in my first tounament May 5th on Lake Sam Rayburn in Texas... wish me luck!!!

KC

I'm Mike Mann from Omaha Nebraska. I'm a Programmer Analyst by day, but Bass nut all the other time. I'm 41, been married for 17 years, all of them to the same women. I've got 2 kids, daughter 16, and son 12, 2 dogs, a bird, and a tank of fish. I've been hooked on Bass fishing for about 20 years and I just got my first Nitro this spring. 2002 NX750 with a 125 hp, and I love it, it works great for the lakes in our area. I try to make a run to Table Rock once a year with the family, and hope to find out my Nitro likes it too! And a long time hard core Husker fan, which can be painful at times .....

Mike

OOPS ... I said married to the same women, gezz .. wait until my wife finds out that I'm married to women and not just one, I better go hide baby!

Hi, I'm Rick in Mobile, Not to be confused with the other Rick on this board, he's a better fisherman but I'm better looking. I'm 55 years old and I am picking up a pro bass 175 next week. MY FIRST BOAT. Married to Sandy who will be my 1st choice for a fishing partner, even if she can outfish me. She wants to be the first at the landing and the last one in. Had a cousin in town last month who wanted to go speck and red fishing. I hired a guide(cheaper than buying a boat by the way) who took us out and we caught 60+ fish in 5 hrs. I WAS HOOKED RIGHT THERE ON MOBILE BAY. We have 4 kids and 6 grand kids(5 are house broke so they are allowed to visit)

I have been on this board 2 weeks and I have learned a great deal. I'm afraid I don't have mush to offer since I'm a very old rookie.

Best to All Rick in Mobile

hi all,im jeff,38 yrs old,married for 12 yrs,or is it 13,kind of forget at times,have a son,12.also a dog,cat,hamster and a rabbit.

this si my 2nd tracker boat,the 1st a tx-17 with a 40 evinrude,the 2nd a magna19 bow rider with a 90 evinrude,a 8 hp merc and a bow mount 45lb motorguide.

cant say im a bass fisherman,guess you can say i fish,thats all.salmon,brown trout,lakers,bass,smallies,walleyes mostly on lake ontario,but fish a few of the lakes locally.

my job is repairing riveted truck bodies and welding liftgates,dump bodies,some paint and body work.was a class 8 diesel mechanic for quite a few yrs,but kind of needed a change due to small health reasons.

my fishing partner(brother)probally wont be doing much fishing this year,back surgery he hopes to take care of a few ruptured discs in the back,so anyone down this area need to go fishing,or up on lake ontario,let me know.kind of always looking for a weekend trip.my converted gas grill is getting lonely!

Mu name is John "Mini" Maniaci

I fish.....therefore I am!

Too busy chasing crappie to be sitting here!

Greg Meyer...aka Bear (but since there is/was one I stay Greg Meyer)...Born in Quincy, IL on the Mississippi River and because we owned a cabin on the river, I grew up a little like Huck Finn, living on the river. I have never lost the love (need) to be on the water, hunting and fishing. Retired from Police work and am now a computer network engineer. Married to Joanne. We have three kids, Katie 21yr old Social Work Major at Univ of IL at Chicago Circle...a die hard liberal...bleeding heart that I love dearly...Jeff a 20 college sophomore at Northen IL University...he got his one and only "B" ever in his life last year...he wqas devastated! He is the poster child for overachievement...Grade School Patrol Captain, Junior High Student Council Prez...High School Class Prez...Now a Studenbt Senator and Deputy Speaker of The Senate...and a force to be reckoned with according to the University Provost!...Allison 16yys old attends a performing arts academy high school as a dancer...she's been dancing since she was 2!...She wants to be a Pathologist...a dancer doing autopsies! So all three make me very proud. The oldest one is a PETA person...(sad but true)...my son loves to hunt and fish and my youngest is an entusiastic fisherperson. I have a Tracker Magna 19' with a 115 OMC that is in process of renovation to my definition of the ultimate multi-specie boat. I fish both bass and wazlleye tournaments. I am so easy to tempt onto the water...all anybody has to do is ask and I'm ready...My Boss (who incorrectly thinks I am almost indispensible) is frustrated a lot but goes with it. Ooops, live in suburb of Chicago...Elgin, Illinois....duh.

And, am pretty proud of my bass club...check out our web site, if you haven't by now..
http://www.nsbass.com

Andy Zuber here...usually sign as "az".

Besides learning from my own mistakes, I love to post questions on this board! The wealth of knowledge is truly awesome! Thanks to Rich for such a fantastic forum!

I'm 38 years old, been fishing ever since my mom taught me how to catch bluegills in the gravel pits near my home town of Fort Wayne, Indiana. I currently live in Southwest Lower Michigan, a stone's throw from Lake Michigan. I'm a Training Instructor at a Nuclear Power Plant - been here 18 years this summer...I may be bald, but please no comments about "glowing in the dark" (if I only had a nickel - haha). Been concentrating on bass fishing for the last 3 years, but if it "tugs on the line" I'll fish for it!!! Bought my first Tracker in March of 2001 - a Tournament V-18 with a 90hp Merc (I'm still jealous of MOfish's 150!) This coming week I'll have been married 13 years to wife Terry. Have a step-son Gregory, 16 (just got his license so I only see him at dinner time) and son Jacob, 11. Greg has realized recently that girls don't really have coodies, so Jake is my normal fishing partner. The kid can really fish! He took big bass honors in a work-club tournament last year with 12 boats of adults! I'm hoping that he'll teach me some of his secrets this year. When I'm not fishing I'm thinking about fishing or working in my yard and garden.

Can't wait for bass season to open here in the Great White North!

Let's go fishing!

az

Rob LaMoy up north here eh! AKA.....um I'm not allowed to post that here I think! 28 years old, married for 8 of them to my bride Michelle. 2 joys of my life are my boy, Cody 4, and girl Aiyana who is 1 going on 10 with an attitude! I am in corporate sales, and have also had a part/full time guide service for the last 6 years in upstate NY, primarily on Lake Champlain. Boat is '89 TF 1800 with a Johnson GT150, towed behind a '94 Bravada. Also guide for upland birds and love hunting behind my german short-haired pointer Zeke. Also your future chief of staff under the Neeley administration. My favorite color is clear, and sometimes when I fish......I hear voices! LOL Mostly guys on shore yelling, "get outa here ya bum!"

Wow, this place is different, kind of nice this is not one of those boards where people come to act stupid and remain anonymous. I have been reading pretty much every post here since I got my Nitro 185 Sport on 22 February, I really appreciate all of the info/insight. I still have a couple of issues you guys need to make up my mind about.

Steve Gibson is the name, I

Hey Guys,

My name is Marke Cicero and I live in Amherst, NH. I just turned 30 last month (I'm catching up to you Scott) and I have been married to my wife Jill for 8 years. We have 2 boys (Brandyn,8 and Devyn,4) who would rather spend time in the boat more than anything in the world. The boat is a 2001 TV-18 w/ 90hp Merc, just like Andy's (and I agree that Mo's 150 and dual console are pretty SWEET!!) I've been a memeber on the board for over a year and I wish I had time to drop by more often. I love the new changes and I'm glad to see some new names. I'm also glad to see the old crew (Rich,Scott, Rob, Mac & Mini, Trep, Neeley, and the list goes on). Even though I can't post as often, I do like stop by for a good laugh now and again.

I am attending the RAlly this year. As a matter of fact of I just booked a room at the Stonehelm Motel (518)563-4800 less than 1 mile from the ramp.

Name's Jim Clevenger. Live in Benton, Arkansas. Will turn 50 in a couple of weeks. Married to Marsha for 23 years, no children.

I have had a Pro Team 175 with a 50 Merc on it for about a year now. I've been writing software for banks since I was 19. Travel quite a bit to Southeast Asia.

Love to fish and the fish are definitely finally biting here now. Got about a hundred bites yesterday and caught more than 30 fish on lizards.....let's see now...does that mean we missed 70!?! Oh well...we have a rule that you have to drink a beer every time you miss a strike!

Yeah Jim, that'll increase your hook up percentage! LOL I like that rule! By the time you miss a dozen fish, you're gonna miss 'em all!

Hi Gang!

I'm Carli from eastern NY. Married to Ellis for 25 years this Nov. I have 4 grown step kids and 1 cat. Own and operate 2 full time businesses (electronics and Avon) which doesn't leave much time for bass fishing in my 1997 Nitro 700LX. I enjoy fishing tournaments (hubby doesn't) when time allows. I belong to WBFA (Women's Bass Fishing Association) and I'm the statistian and newsletter editor for the Towne 'N Country Rod & Reel club of Berlin, NY. Last year, 3 of the club's members (Stan Jones, Bob C. and Steve B.) purchased Nitro/Trackers after secretly drooling over mine!! LOL

When I'm not working or fishing, you can find me working on my web pages, talking around the world on my Amateur "Ham" radio, researching my genealogy, woodworking, scrapbooking and reading the posts on this board.

If you're ever running up and down US Route 22 on your way to or from Lake Champlain, stop by and say "HI"!

Carli
http://www.geocities.com/saylarc and www.youravon.com/cdrake

Brian Feist 38, in two weeks, I'll have been married for 15 years, 2 Kids. Work as a Supervisor at a County 9-1-1 Center and part time as a dispatcher at the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown. Fish as much as I can, including trout for the next few weeks. Own a 1998 Pro Team 175 Anniversary Edition with a 9.9, a green and gold Tracker, 'eat your heart out everyone with the standard black stickers. Live in Johnstown PA. I'm on the board several times a day. I don't write a lot but I look. I can't wait to finally put faces on people at the Rally. I just hope that you all don't run me over with your big motors. On the other hand, I'll be able to catch all of the fish near the launch that have been released by all of the other tournament fishermen while you guys are all speeding away to far off places...

Bill, aka "Mac", 44yrs old, married to Kathy, for 18yrs. 2 Daughters, 15 and 13. Pro Staffer for BPS Outdoor World in MI....work with the infamous Mini, Ken and Craig. Work full time for GM (19yrs) as an Engineering Illustrator. Hobbies include, Fishing, Cartooning (Scales and Tales for BassTIMES) and monthly panels in Outdoor World Magazine starting this fall. I had the honor of doing all the art for Kevin VanDam's newest book which just came out this spring and I was really blown away when I had the opportunity to do 2 customized rod handles for former President Bush while at a BPS even in St. Louis this past March. (I also met MOFish and Scott there as well..great guys!!) At the Detroit show, I had the pleasure of meeting Adam Murray, and I am really looking forward to the rally so I can meet a bunch more of you!! I love this site and all the commoradarie (sp??) and great advice and stories that are shared. Can't wait to start fishing again, but right now I need to think about getting to bed!..LOL

Seeya all in June!!

Mac

My name is Charlie Richardson, I live in Onalaska Tx. (Right on Lake Livingston) I have been married to Susan for 20 years. (Lord only knows how she's put up with me) I have 2 children, Jake 16 and Abby 13. I work for Halliburton Energy Services (24yrs) running tubing conveyed perforating guns. My boat (Ol' Spinecrusher) is an 896 w/ a 150 EFI. My only hobby is fishing. I bass fish most of the lakes in East Texas and try to take an annual trip to Mexico. (It was El Salto this year, but that's another story) I also like to catfish, crappie fish and chase white bass. Gotta go change the tackle in the boat, Jake & I are goin catfishing in the morning...Cmack

Chris Trice (39), Winchester, Virginia. I work for FEMA doing disaster relief. My first loves are my wife(13 years), Darcy, and my three kids Tyler(9),Christy(3), and Patrick (2almost)fishing comes in at a close second. I run an old but true 83 Tracker TX17 with a 75 merc. on the lakes and Potomac and have my standby 16'mohawk canoe for the Shenandoah (The smallmouth fishing is awesome)

Cmack,....you have, by far,..the best nickname for a boat that I've heard in a looooong time,..."Ol'Spinecrusher"

just crax me up!!!....Man that's funny....i laugh everytime i see you post it!!..LOLOL...Thanks for the smiles!!

Mac

Back