Have to brag!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's AWESOME Russ,.......hope you took a few pix's to post!! I'd LOVE to catch a 7lb largemouth in the wild.

I got a 9lbr out of the Tank at BPS one time....in 6lb line and a 6ft spinning rod!! That was COOL!!!! I hope you and your son and your grandsone all get to experience that again sometime. Keep us posted!!

Mac

That's not bragging, that's living life the way it should be ...

I wish we could grow that big here in Mi.

Mac,

I normally always carry a camera, but since we went on such a "spur of the moment" I forgot to take it. I did have the digital scale in the boat, so all we could do is weigh and release. The pictures are etched in my mind forever though.

Ken,

We were both using 12 lb P-Line, and even though fishing pretty thick grass, never lost a fish due to line breakage. Couldn't horse them though. Didn't retie very often either. Don't know if you remember, but you had recommended P-Line to me a few months ago. Actually I had to finish the night using Silver Thread because on one of my hook sets I accidently hit the spool release (what a mess!!!)LOL.

Russ

Yes I remember....I love that stuff but I've never had the opportunity to try it on a 7lb + bucketmouth!!!

Rus, That was GREAT!!!! Up north here if we had an evening like that we'd have to make sure and carry along a change of underware too!!! Get you one of those disposable cameras and keep in your boat for times like that. It's great spending time with your family fishing.

Russ, great story! But you left out some important details:

- When are you going again?

- What time should we be there?

- What do you need us to bring?

:)

I hope that I am blessed enough to have my son call me and say "let's go fish" when he's 37.

Thanks Rich,

Yes, I feel very blessed. I have 2 girls, Renee and Kimberley, plus David who I raised from the ages of 4, 6 & 8 as a single parent. They have blessed me with 6 grandchildren (4 girls 2 boys), all who live within 5 minutes from me. I spend a lot of time at football, basketball, soccer (the most boring kids game on the planet), and cheerleading competitions, but still find time to fish.

I have fished these waters for 25 years, so if any of you are coming to the Central Florida area let me know in advance and I'll try to put you on fish. BTW the months of Oct. Nov. (pre cold fronts) and Mar. Apr. are really the prime months for big fish here.

Russ

Latest posts

Back