Happy Tracker owner

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Janousek

Reaction score
I finally got the boat out again. I purchased a Tournament 18 with a 115 opti in February, but have only been able to use it once in late March (at Kentucky Lake, which was flooded). The water on the Illinois river is back to a safe level so I put a few hours on the rig yesterday. I could not be happier with the way the hull rides and the overall performance of the boat. I ran up and down the river varying speeds and adjusting the trim. The boat easily does 45MPH (GPS) at 5200 rpm. This is about what I expected from a deep V hull. Since the oil consumption went way down, I think break in is over. All the electronics worked great (Lowrance HDS w structure scan and Minn kota). Oh, I even caught some fish!!!

What were you fishing for on the Illinois? Where do you fish at and for what? I put in at Chillicothe and fish for Catfish. I went last Saturday and only caught about 8.:rolleyes:

Congrats on your boat, glad it's working out for you. I'm having some issues but I really like the boat. Ireally like my rear livewell, 50 gallons, my daughter can take a bath in it.;)

Randy, I hope you have many years of enjoyment with your rig. It is good to hear reports such as this one.

Bubby:)

I went out of Spring Valley (a bit downstream of Starved Rock). Caught flying carp, drum, white bass and walleye.

Although becoming rare...yes, we like to hear happy boaters.

Wishing you the best.

In my neck of the woods Tee, we have over 95% "happy"....according to my CSI scores...and customer feedback.

In my neck of the woods Tee, we have over 95% "happy"....according to my CSI scores...and customer feedback.

Yep.... Im in that 95% that Bob mentioned. Im 100% satisfied with my Nitro Z7 and a lot of credit goes to Bob and his staff for keeping it running perfect.

Uh Bob....quit reading those CSI scores and hit the web!:lol:

Tee, there is a reason his dealership gets consistantly high scores on those reports and its because they take care of thier customers after the sale is done. Its also the same reason they outsell every other tracker/nitro dealer in the world. Regardless of the issues they do the right thing, they will go to bat with tracker if need be to take care of thier customers unlike other dealers. When i had my 882 i had some problems and Bob went to bat with Tracker and got my boat taken care of 100%. There are a lot of North East guys on this board and if you notice its not often that you hear them complain about thier Tracker/Nitro boats(and they are quite popular up here), Bob and his staff play a huge roll in that since he services the majority of them. I have heard nothing but good things about the other non BPS dealer up here too. We are lucky in the north east to have great dealers.

The bottom line is the dealer can make or break your experience with a brand. Bob's dealership has made my nitro experience a joy, twice. Yours obviously broke yours just like the dealer did to me when i had my Champion.

Agree Jim but, his dealership must be an acception and not the rule.

Anyway...I don't want to rain on anyones parade so I'll concede at this point and wish Randy the best with his rig;)

Tee i think its one of the big differences between a bps where you are just a number and a family owned business where they want to earn your business for life.

Over the years i find myself more and more avoiding all big box retailers and buying from small businesses, i always get better service and i prefer to give my money to a local business.

Since there is some discussion of service departments, I need to add a comment. The guys at the Bolingbrook store did a GREAT job of rigging my new boat. They installed all of the electronics from my previous boat more neatly than I ever hoped. Things like the structure scan module and ethernet interfaces cannot even be seen (or found!). There are individuals who still take pride in their work, no matter the who they work for. Bob, I would like to meet you some time and shake your hand. You are a priceless resource to many people. I was a certified Mercury Mech (in the '70s) and MUCH has changed, but personal integrity, eduction, and wanting to do the right thing are more important than ever.

Randy, Just don't shake hands with Mike at that store. He will mash you fingers. I know some of those guys up there and they are great guys.

Latest posts

Back