Happy Fathers Day - both sides of the coin

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Here is to all the Fathers out there that will be honored this weekend. I have two to honor, although both are no longer with us. My 'Father' passed on in '56, before I really had a chance to spend many years with him. However, I treasure the time that I did have during my very early formative years. My 'Dad' (stepfather) took me from about the time I started school through college, and my early family years. I miss both of them, but will be thinking about both of them this weekend.

On the other hand, I will celebrated Sunday knowing that I have been a father for 32 1/2 years now, and wouldn't trade the experience for anything. Hopefully, my Son will at least be able to call and I'll get to talk with him this weekend, but he is not as attentive to these types of deals as he is a young father himself. He hasn't quite reached the level of being able to sort out the real priorities in life.

I hope that all of you are able to honor your father in some way this weekend, and if you are a father that you are able to enjoy your 'kiddo's' also.

Happy Fathers Day to everyone (for we all have fathers!)! :D:wub:

Tex

And Trep - I know that you are home for a bit, so I hope that Noah and Eli have something special planned for you.

Tex

Tex HFD to you. Always cherish those memories. I just found out my sister somehow wound up with my fathers "Old Buddy tackle box and wanted to kno what she should do with it. Duh! This was the tackle box I used as a kid on the 50s. It had a number of OLD lures (prop baiys make out of metal) that I remember. She is comin to visit the end of July and I can't wait. It's those little things that we share with our fathers. Always remember them and pass them down.

Happy Father's Day to all the current and future father's!

I have my father's tackle boxes, two of them. I cherish them. However, if my kids "inherit" mine... They will be getting a boat and garage...LOL.

After our most recent move, my wife took the few things that I have from my Father, and created a 'picture box' that now hangs in my office at home. It has all the medals that I have from when he served in WWII - along with an explanation of each medal. Also copies of his relavant documentation (not much, but still nice to have); a few pictures; his Army Air Corps googles; and a few other things.

Now I see them every time I come in the room and just off to the right of my desk/computer.

Thanks to my lovely wife for doing this, and it allows me to remember on a more frequent basis.

Tex

Latest posts

Back