Hacked

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Guys fatrap here. I've had my facebook account hacked and an imposter has posted another Michael Grandick. It has a picture of my deceased father as an avatar inside of my last ship I served on. Anyone friends with me on facebook please de-friend me and most importantly report to facebook. The guy has me blocked so I can't get to him that way. Any you all have this problem? I'm all ears (nose to) as to how to combat this. The scumbag is using my friends list to try and peddle bogus crap.
fatrap

I've heard of it happening mate but touch wood, not to me. It sucks that there are so many dickheads out there with too much time on their hands!

Sorry to hear it, fatrap.

Can't stress this enough: Use strong passwords, with whatever combination of letters, numbers mixed case and special characters. you can tolerably remember.

A simple way to do this is combine different, but easy to remember factoids from your life. Maybe your favorite ice cream is chocalate and you were born in 1956. An easy to remember password would be Choc1956olate! Thats "choc" with a capital C, followed by your birth year, followed by "olate" and ended with an exclamation point. That password would rate as "very strong" by most password rating algorithms, and would not be hard to remember.

Also critical: Do not use the same password for your email account as you use for Facebook, Transom Talk and other places you frequent on the web.

In fact, most people should have a minimum of three passwords:

1) A modestly strong password that you use commonly across things like bulletin boards and other relatively low risk activities where not a lot of personal information is at stake.
2) A very strong password for email accounts and social networking sites.
3) A very strong password for anything having to do with finances, medical records, credit cards, etc...again, not the same as your email password.

If you suspect one of the passwords has been compromised, change all of them immediately.

Part of my work is fending off hackers. It's an all day, every day job. They are absolutely relentless. When they break into one system, they leverage that system in attacks against other systems. It never stops and they get more sophisticated all the time. For an end-user, the first line of defense is a strong password.

I just went in and found two Michael Grandick, different avatars, if I can help you find information email.

cq

Thanks Rich for the info. CQ and AirForce the site with the Navy ship cutting through big waves and the information is correct on both sites. The ship was my former home for a few years. The site that's not mine is the one that has a picture of an elderly gentleman stuck in the left side bottom. That is the fake site. I have a pic also on my site but not that one. Please defriend that site and report it as fraud to facebook.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back