Guess the Weight?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Bass

Reaction score
Hi, I had to drive a 1000 miles from Windhoek to Cape Town to catch this nice smallmouth. So what is your expert opinion on the weight of this catch?

Drove with my Toyota Land Cruiser averaging 9.42 MPG with an average fuel cost of US$2.98 per gallon. The tracker trailer withstood some of the worst roads in Africa for the 1000 miles there and back, no problems with the tires, the trailer or the brakes. So it looks like the stuff produced for export is way superior to the boats and trailers staying behind.

The 882 ran smoothly, the lake I fished was only 180ft above sea level, the lake I usually fish in Windhoek is 4400ft above sea level. The 200 Mercury really performed like it should have all this time. Hole shot problems no such thing was on the plane in less than 3 seconds and a top speed of 65.5 GPS at 6100rpm, with

Nice smallie.....my guess would be around 5 pounds. That's a long way to travel to catch a fish!!! Oh wait....I traveled to Kentucky last year and caught 2 dinks!!! LOL!!!!

The one in this pic is 4.5 pounds. For reference, I'm 6' 2".

Bob G.
P7260843Z.jpg

Nice Toad Mr.Bass !!!!!!

Sure is one hell of a journey to get to them though.The things fishermen do to catch big smallies is amazing.

My guess would be right around 4.5 --5 lbs...It's hard to tell,a 20 incher from Erie can go 5 lbs,and the same 20 incher from the rivers near me will go 3 lbs.

Either way it is a dandy fish.:)

Steve

5.12 pounds was my first guess.....

4.85 is my second guess.

Nice length, girth is smaller. You dont look like a small guy, so I think I may be guessing light.

I will say.........................5 even.

Mini

I have a new hero...

I will never again complain about a 70 mile trip with gas at 2$ a gallon.

Nice Smallie!!

I'm with the rest of them that say probably around 5#.

I'm guessin' 4 1/2....And I'm always Damn Close:lol:

Her's what a 5 lb. 9 oz. looks like:D

KIM.JPG

BUT...Looks can always be decieving....this one was 4lb. 13 oz......

Now which looks bigger?:rolleyes:

Picture1.jpg

I see your 5 and raise you another 5.....lol
DET_RVR_MINI2.JPG

Hey Mini...Who's that next to ya' with the smaller fish:D:lol:

lol Tee...I dont have a picture of me with a 10 (walleye)....

Great pic Mac...you didnt send me any of those :angry:

We will get some more in a couple of weeks :)

Mini

Tee,

Just some guy I found that was looking for some fish :)

Mini

A couple of nice walleye

Mini Walleye small.jpg

Here is your 10 and a 7 :)

Ockwalaha_toads.jpg

And THIS is about 20 pounds on 4

Mini Toads 4.jpg

:lol::p:blink:

A fool and his fish :)

Mini

Well....ONE part is right!:lol:

I'm hooked too dude...Matter of fact...I Need a fix!:p

TwoFish.jpg

Some good eatin!

This thread alone is going to make me get out to Clair today.....I need to make some calls....lol

Bring it! Might be on the water in an hour.....can you get here that quick?

Dam...I wish!:huh:

Seriously though...How bout' me, you and that "other" feller hookin' up and doin' some serious damage to the fish population?

Lemme' know:) I'm usually open to takeing off at the drop of a hat.

BTW...I'm just north of Dayton...so about three or so hours...?

Hey Mini......dem green fish don't count on this post!!! LOL!!

Bob G.

We should just meet up in Sandusky for a tour of the Islands :) (and vermillion...)

Mini

Cmon man cut me some slack......I dont get to see let alone catch greenies that big very often :)

Mini

Sounds like a plan Mini:p Tell ya' what that may even work out better and we definitely know a few spots (Tee's $hi+) around the islands, especially North Bass and middle bass and Rattlesnake:cool:

Shoot me an e-mail or somein' and I'll drag my good buddy Carl (Rowland Martin) Howard.

A real nut case:lol: So he'll fit right in;)

I got a couple spots down that way to depending on the time of year :)

I have been all around those islands looking for smallies!

Mini

Latest posts

Back