Grillin N Chillin at the BASSMaster Classic

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Time to start reminding everyone about the upcoming BASSMaster Classic in Charlotte (NC) at the end of July, along with it's premier event - the NTOWS Grilln N Chillin.

Since we know that a number of our board members will be in town that week, either working or for pleasure, my wife and I are going to host a Saturday Night outing for those that want to attend.

Basic details.

The 'event' will be at my house, which is in Rock Hill, SC - just across the border from Charlotte, and about 10 minutes from the south end of Lake Wylie.

Date: Saturday, July 31, 2004

Time: Anytime after about 3:00PM until everyone either leaves or goes to sleep.

Activties: Eatin, drinkin, and having a good time (in general).

Potential other activities: Texas (No-Limit) Hold Em

If we do have a game, it will be with a reasonable buy in, not any kind of high stakes.

Food: At a minimum, it will include some of my famous chili; the best cheese enchilda's that you've ever had; Texas smoked brisket (dry rub done); dry rubbed ribs; tater salad; homemade bread; ice cold beer and an open bar. Will also have the usual non-alcholic beverages for those that don't partake.

Optional other grillin: Anyone want to bring/send/provide any wild game or specialty items - we will do them up also.

The weigh-in is about 30 minutes from the house, so official eating time will likely be in the 7:00PM or so area. Though food will be available (snacks and such), after 3:00PM.

If you have kids, we welcome them. We'll have some things for them to do, and leave the basement/bar area/cooking pit downstairs for the adults.

We've got lot's of space, and can accomodate quite a few.

You don't have to be a member of NTOWS to come. Just invited by one of our members. We'd welcome having new friends from All Star, Humminbird, Guest (and others) come have a good time.

Anyway, start making your plans. I'll start collecting 'committments' sometime in June. And if someone needs someplace to hang their hat for a day or so, just let me know. I've got some extra room that is available on a first come/first served basis.

Tex

You know if I wasen't leaving on that Friday for WI for a family reunion i'd be there! Take pictures!

I'm trying to plan a trip to my sisters about the same time.That way I figured I could swing over to the classic and say hi to a couple of folks.I'm pretty sure its going to happen.I'd love to drop in on you'all.

Dave,

There is no cost to attend either the sports show (which will be downtown Charlotte at the convention center), or for the weigh-in at the Coliseium. Both are FREE!

We'd love to have you, along with your friend/buddy.

I'll look for your email.

Tex

See us Left coast folks always get left out!! HAR HAR

I will watch (hopefully) a webcast weigh-in and BBQ here in Sacto with my heart there with you!!!!!!!

Mark

Tex,

I am so looking forward to the NTOWS Grillin' & Chillin' after what I expect to be a very long day working at the Classic.

Thanks in advance!

Sue

Sue,

We will have a great time. If you have 'others' in your group, they will certainly be welcome also.

BTW, talked with Dave last night. He promised to arrange for some of the best kielbasa sausage around. Not mass produced/smoked stuff either.

Tex

Latest posts

Back