Great Boat Cleaner

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassn_Man

Reaction score
I have always thought that good ideas should be shared. We boat on Texoma frequently and it's salinity can turn a beautiful boat into a dirty looking, spotted, ugly thing. I've tried nearly everything over the past decades. Until today, the best I had found was an $18.00 per bottle "Hot Sauce". It cleaned off the water spots quickly and it was obvious from the smell that the main ingredient was vinegar. I remembered back in the day how we used straight vinegar to clean our aquarium when it got spotty. So, I bought a good spray bottle from Dollar General, a gallon of white vinegar and started working on a mix. 50:50 each water and vinegar worked great!!! Cost was much, much less. Today I was down to about 1/2 of the spray bottle's contents, and I remembered another ingredient I wanted to add. Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2). The mix is about 1/3 of each: water, white vinegar, & Hydrogen Peroxide. I just came from cleaning my boat and it was wonderful. A micro fiber cloth and the spray cut through the Texoma junk very easily. I'm not sure of the exact cost, but it is well below $18.00 a bottle and it works great. Enjoy!

This mix works wonderfully! The real test was my swim ladder. I don't think I had ever cleaned the underside of it. With a squirt and a wipe, it looks like brand new!

I just washed and waxed my new-to-me nitro for the first time. It had a grungy orange scum line across the hull and a standard kitchen bleach-free cleaner that is an H202 mix worked wonders on it. I had tried commercial boat wash, simple green and purple power to no avail!

Thanks for the post! I am really please with the way it works. Thought about commercially producing and marketing it, but I would rather give it away!

Latest posts

Back