Gotta Brag on Noah this time

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
I know I always brag on Eli when he fishes, but my oldest, Noah doesn't fish these days but is a strong long distance runner. He's in 8th grade but made the HighSchool Varsity Cross Country team this year, and the team took 1st at their conference State Championship last Saturday. Noah also set his personal best time of 19:59 for a 5k at that race! I can keep up with him for about 100 yards and then he is GONE....

You can probably guess by the legs which one is Noah, but in case you can't he's 2nd from the Left side!!LOL

2010 ACCE GA Varsity Boys State Champs.jpg

Where does he get the stamina? He's all of what.......80lbs.? I sweat that much launching the boat!!:lol::lol: I've got fillings bigger than him!! He must eat like a horse the night before a race. Way to go NOAH!! Already runnin with the big dogs!!

TOXIC

He's 100lbs soaking wet (I didn't hit that till College!), he does eat like a horse these days, and when he runs. He'll keep doing 5ks about 1/month till next season.

Trep, you should be proud!!! Congrats, Noah! It's hard for me to drive that far.

Bubby:)

Cool... Congrats... Get him on a bicycle to build his "stamina"... (I know, I know, I don't look the Greg Lamond type...but before my knee blew up I rode thoiusands of miles every year...100-150 miles in a day was a welcome ride)

Greg - He bikes some in the off season, he needs to do more though. He's running a 5k this weekend with my wife, and the following Saturday he and Beka (and his friend and his mom) are doing a 5 MILES trail race.

Tox - I don't know where he gets the stamina, unless he's able to convert the genetic yapping that I do into running!! LOL

Teri - I hope he gets his legs looking better as he gets older!! LOL

Great job to Noah. My school had the national high school cross country runner of the year three years ago and he received a full ride to florida State. Before and since then we have one to two runners get full rides to some D-1 schools. Keep that boy runnin!

Randy!

I'm not built for running but admire those that do. Awesome!

Trep,

How tall is Noah? I have several of my son's road bikes that he outgrew on his way to his full size...

Greg - He's 5'4", and we just bought him late summer a 26inch mountain bike, we live right next door to one of North Georgia's largest trails, told him (it wasen't cheap) that this was his last bike till he gets a job!! LOL

Get me his inseam... I may have a very nice road bike in his size... he could use it till he outgrows it... For "training" a road bike is essential... We'll see

Way to go Noah!!:cool: By 12th grade you'll be the State Champ!!