Good write up about Greg G.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenneth Brown

Reaction score
Copied from Bass Fan:

Berkley Gulp! Classic update 1 2/16/2006

No pre-fish for Gutierrez

California's Greg Gutierrez remained in the Golden State this week while most of his fellow Bassmaster Classic qualifiers were participating in the pre-fish period at Lake Toho. Gutierrez, a captain with the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CDF), was undergoing recertification training.

"We have to recertify every year, and the department decided that January and February would be those months this year and there would be no opportunity for vacation," he said. "They do it this way so everybody can be trained at the same level."

He was recertified as an emergency medical technician (EMT) and a hazardous materials technician (HMT). He also received training on several types of breathing apparatus.

He's been with CDF since he graduated from high school in 1980. "I've invested so much time with the fire department, it's not like I can just quit," he said. "There might be some more opportunities out there for me if I could say I was a full-time fisherman, but let's face it, I'm a firefighter. I still love it."

He'll leave for Florida today and will arrive in time to participate in the Junior Bassmaster World Championship. He'll be limited to just one day of Classic practice

Latest posts

Back