Good to see you folks again

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene McCarthy

Reaction score
Been a long time. Some may say not long enough. First I want to wish Mr. Spradley the best for his daughter. Believe it or not I have thought of you two often since you first shared her situation with us. My offer still stands on the trip! Hope you are letting her know what this great bunch of folks have had to say about her.

As to my extended absence, briefly, my job swamped me and then the events on 911 really kicked me in the pants. Health suffered some, but am recovering and the best news is I got a new grandson on 3-27-02. That makes three. Bigger boat in my future? Anyway while I was away I often thought about you guys and some of the past posts still make me smile. Where's Sgt. Thump? I have tried to catch up on past posts for last few days, but just had to say hello to old friends and hope to make new ones.

Gene

Last we heard, he was headed full speed for the damn on Carlyle.....

Good to see you back, Gene!

me!

Welcome back, Glad you are felling better.

Grandkids, I bet you are just like my father is with them. Spoil them rotten and send them home.;0)

John

Welcome back Gene! All I have to say, you'd better read the posts since the "board" is now running for presidential office! Glad you're here and congrats on your grandson...fishing in the future for him...Grandpa?

Barb

Gene, it's great to have you back. I went back and read one of my earlier post from today. Sorry, it was you I meant to type about the cards for my daughter, and not "Greg". I still remember your offer about fishing, and maybe soon we can do it. I did get my boat fix. Some of my friends and I rebuilt the back transom area, wood was soaking wet, and the floatation area under the gas tank was water logged. We also redid that. Then I had to purchase another engine because my insurance told me the engine was to big. I did great a great deal on a 125 mercury. I also have the 150. Have not sold it yet. All this work took most of the summer, and then winter came (as it does every year). So I was only able to take Laura out a couple of times this year, when she was feeling alright. But when she gets well, (and I know she will) we will go out as much as my wife will let us. Thanks again and welcome back.

Welcome back Gene. Yeah where is Sarge anyhow. Forgot all about him. If anyone might know where a boat can leak it's him! Be sure to stick around this time Gene. I know what you mean about 9/11. I stayed away from downtown since. Times square is as close as I get. Lost a couple of friends there. Good thing we have so many here to cheer us up! Congrats on the grandson. Got him a snoopy pole yet?

Thanks for the kind welcome back guys. Grandkids are the stuff! My sons are amazed the ol' man that was so strict and "hard" on them can simply melt and spend hours hunting lizards, caterpillars, and bugs with the little ones and generally acting a fool. Best relaxation therapy I know is to spend a few hours with those knuckleheads. By the way Rob, was wondering which boat was the best- Ranger or Nitro? Ha, ha just kidding. Barb I'm not up to speed on this campaign but it sounds interesting.

Seriously we need to find Thump. I used to really look forward to his "incident" reports. He made me feel almost lucky!

Gene

Actually Gene, I think we had experts answer that for us already! LOL Trep's vote was for Carver I think........

Welcome back Gene,....glad to see you're back on line and rockin'!! Here's to you!! Sgt. Thump is probably fishin'....finally got comfy with his rig and hasn't been back on shore in mos!!! LOL

Keep in touch!!

Mac

Latest posts

Back