Glass vs tin revisited!!! LOL

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Durn fever! Rich's post about members got me thinking. I know, it doens't happen much, but I DO have some excess time on my hands given it's not March yet. SO, I went to the Owners Gallery and did a little market analysis. Out of 155 eligible boat owners, 113 were glass. That's 73%, which leads me to one of two conclusions. Either A) the mojority (punn intended) of us folks with common sense run glass OR B) tin owners are so ashamed of themselves they simply don't register on the site as to not be pointed out for their "lacking" rigs! LOLOLOL And if you think this is bad, wait until I get done my nekkid snow dance all weekend. Y'all better hope for an early spring so I can get on the water SOOOOOOOON!

And hey UnRob, what's not to want to be like? I am GREAT role model. The warden even said so and so does my shrink! Now where did I put those new purple silk panties????

Easy Trout.....Cabin Fever is still in full swing...Rob's just letting out a little penned up anxiety about getting on the water...

Besides...if it's getting old then why did you even bother to read what it said?

I ain't a bit ashamed of mine Rob....besides how did the trout get in the middle of dem' bassus? That's right..he jumped in! Now let's not act like sharks goin' for the kill..he he

TEE

Proud American &

Tin Owner

Tee--

I'm not sure how "proud" you should be... you shined that tin boat of yours to look like glass, your garage is WAY too clean, I could go on, but I still want to get to Dale Hollow and pick your brain a bit... :)

Anyway, I was thinkin' that the reason the majority of tin owners aren't registered is that they are a bit afraid of technology, which is why they stick to OLD SCHOOL TIN BOATS!

(Obviously there are a few exceptions, but...)

And Rob, if you do that snow dance one more time, well, let's just say I will find a way to make sure you never dance again... I am so tired of snow/ice/rain/mud it ain't funny, and at this point I am blaming it all on you!

And as for that Snow dance Mr. Lamoy, YOU PROMISED to get it South. Wanna know what the result was......6 more inches for me here in Virginia. I think it's time you admitted you don't have the "distance" to swing one all the way south. You're killin me here!! Change the red silk to a nice pink chiffon and try again.

TOXIC

Good analysis, Rob.

Why would a tin owner register on a new site called "NITROowners?" I didn't realize you could log on under trackerowners.com until after I registered.

Maybe that could explain the discrepancy in percentages?

You keep this up (that, and yer nekkid snow dancin') and this summer I'll whip up a good ol' traditional southwestern desert HEAT dance and dry up your lakes and rivers!!!! No rain! 95+ temps!!!

Hey, looks like we uncovered us another troll! Trout, you aren't worth my time. And everyone KNOWS it's all just in cabin fever fun! Now Tox, I PROVED I can swing it all the way south. Ask the Texans. I just can't contain that much power into one small region. You're getting hit with aftermath. Sorry. But I plan on DANCIN all weekend! Hahahaha! And Sim, you CAN'T stop me, you have to come up here in the REAL winter to get me and that ain't happnin! LOL

Mo, if you dry up Champlain, then that puddle you call home water will be nothing short of a dust bowl! Now if you folks in the south would just say "Uncle" and admit defeat, and admit that the north rules the bassin world, then I might be able to put on a couple more layers of clothes until spring!......Maybe! LOL

I'm dancin' right now....ooohhhhhh feel the burn! Durn wintertime anyway..

TEE

If it will get you to stop dancin!

UNCLE! THE NORTH WINS AGAIN! YEHA!

(And Rob, on occasion I have been known to travel north for nefarious reasons, so don't go testin' me -k?)

OK, OK, I'll stop dancin, but I can't make any promises on any residual weather. See once you get the "cosmic snowball" rolling with this severity of dancin, there is no real stopping it. Who's to say WHAT will happen for the next few weeks until the silk panty vibes die down. Your only hope now is that Trep's hot tub dance works. And if Trep is your only hope......wellllll.....good luck folks! LOL Durn fever! I'm gunna go wheelbarrell fishing again!

As in the case of all analysis, sometimes the efforts are noble, but the results are not analyzed properly. The reason that 73% of the owners here own glass, is because all of you need so much help. It is also a testament to our general knowledge and experience that 27% of us (Tin Men), can actually support and help so many of you.

Okay, my math skills are rusty.

Tex

Well said tex, except for the fact that you can't seem to do simple math speaks _volumes_ about the IQ of the average tin owner!

:)

I would also like to add this other snide remark:

Maybe it's becuase us glass owners have so few problems that the experience of those tin owners that obviously have more problems to solve comes in handy.

Ouch Simmy...you sure you need info on the Holler. I know I don't have a heart attack when my boat gets close to rocks.

What's IQ ?

TEE

Yes... I need to vent my metallic superiority complex... In my world of sophisticated (read that well read and well bred...and read that anyway you choose...lol) walleye fishermen ( we chase a vastly more superior and tasty toothy critter under far more adverse meteorological circumstances the year round) the numbers game is not even close... The result... Real men drive tin!!! The silk undies crowd loves piercings and plastic hulls... What more needs to be said... Oh yeah... airplanes and beer cans are made of aluminum... And, that says something... My Daddy drove tin and if it was good enough for him then its good enough for me!!!! That's it... the best arguments ever made on this sublime issue...

Rocks??!!!???

you mean there are rocks in lakes??????

The dealer told me this glass was indestructable, and that there was nothing but water!

Oh no, what shall I do?

I don't know Trout. I am new to this site but I am under the impression that this is meant as good natured ribbin, not actual debate. I also own a new tin rig but I also own a sense of humor. I hope I do not have the wrong impression of this topic's intentions.

jamoke --

you are completely correct on the intentions of this thread.

Trout --

You can rib the members of the board, but DON'T attack the boats themselves (tin or glass), some things are off limits. (especially to non-members!)

See what I mean! LOL He's a troll let him be. If he knew what he was talking about, he'd know I have more in motor work than a lot tin boats COST NEW! LOL And with what I'm paying for a used Glass boat I could buy the nicest and biggest tin had to offer. He knows we're razzin each other but is just trolling for a fight. Us full grown folks don't really get into it over this kind of stuff. We hold our real debates for issues like light or dark beer. War, not yes or no, but exactly WHEN to stop bombing! I can say this, I have learned a lot from this board but one thing I have REALLY learned is don't give a troll the time of day. Now shoo trout, I think you have that swimming in circles disease! LOL Gives a perfectly good fish a bad name.....darn shame I tell ya! Durn fever! LOL

Oh, those easterners......ha ha!.......they have no concept of what is involved in whipping up a desert delight, so I'll e'splain it to 'em Lucy.

Y'see, unlike those nekkid snow dances,where the H2O is SENT somewhere, the desert delight appeals to the water gods to drop the moisture right on top of the individual doin' the dancin'. It's the old Indian rain dance, Mr. Plattsburg Pink Flash.

Now, what this particular dance does is ROB those to the east of all that moisture. They get sunny skies.

You'll see no clouds.

No clouds, no rain.

No rain, lakes drain.

Lakes drain, no fishin'

No fishin', no fun.

Yer stuck with the fever through summer into another winter season. The only water you'll see is the sweat pourin' from yer forehead, and there ain't no bass livin'in that kinda water.

Hey rob, as for the glass vs tin i purpose a race, one run up the rocky river in my back yard and once in a lake, im sure it will be split 1 to 1, different boats for different folks. I fish rivers so i go tin.

You can't do it, I don't believe you! Besides we had that 2 years ago and STILL fished. We're tough in the northeast. Besides, if that DOES happen Mo, I'll just have to come fish with YOU! LOL And I'll bring a truck load of snow with me when I come to feel at home.

I know Mike, it's called FEVER FUN! I agree that everyone has a boat for them and tin is fine. But I do run my boat up the river all the time. If you run tin into rocks, you're in trouble just like me in glass. Just gotta watch what you're doing is all. I have a stretch I run that tin men are afraid of. If you slide 1 foot either way, it's all over but the crying and repair bills. But on the other side is early season smallie and walleye heaven.

Mike, this is one time that I'll side with Rob.

It's just like Chuck Yeager used to say, "It 'ain't the plane; it's the pilot that makes the difference."

Rob, I'll admit I'm a bit rusty since I moved outta western Colorado...so if I run into trouble, I'll just invite my Colorado and Utah buddies to come help me. Right now, their busy working on keeping their ski resorts busy.

I did a quick check of Missouri members. I counted 14 Tin and 30 Glass.

When the site was originally started, as some of us remember, "Tracker" wasn't even in the name and there was no www.trackerowners.com. I don't think it was until about a year or so later that Rich added the "Tracker" portion.

I think that the current active membership might be more accurtely represented by those attending the rally: 8 Tin and 8 Glass.

me!

P.S. If Donnie ever gets himself registered for the rally, Tin will take the lead in both numbers and footage!

(And we'll all be fishin' while Rob is still wishin'!)

Trout...

Please... we try not to call people or their boats by derogatory names... The deluded runners of glass are what they are... But, I defend their right to be wrong but not yours to be obnoxious... Play nice or we get to ignore you... And that definitely is not fun for you... Here we are all friendly and try to be friends... Another chance... You will not find anyone here who feels the need to be insulting... It just doesn't play... This is like Peoria.. Its a tough but fair venue... We'll watch and enjoy most acts if the effort is sincere... Get the idea... read the opening page and admonition...

Trout -

I must have missed your second post..... But I did catch it after Greg's comment.....

You owe Rob an apology.

me.

In all this conversation there has been no mention of WOODEN BASS BOATS ? Sure I know what your thinking and you right.

And why would someone with the name trout need a boat anyhow?

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!!

I just figured out how to be listed in the Owners Gallery. As the folks in Florida will tell you it's just as important to have your vote counted correctly as it is to vote at all. So add 1 more to the TIN column. BTW if fiberglass makes such a great boat -- how come the Navy doesn't have any glass battleships?

One more thing: Here in Okla we use trout for bait for Striper fishing. You need to mind your manners and register so everybody can see who is making such "clever" comments.

Harpo

I just love this thread and all of the good that it is doing. There is now a chance that the "tin men" may be cured as the first step to recovery, is admitting to everyone that you have a problem. Now go sell them tin boats and get a new glass boat with them purty sparkles which dem basses love. Take it one day at a time.

You Can Do It.

Maybe we can talk Rich into adding a "Support Group" function on this site for the tin men :)

jd

FOR BEER.bmp

Thank you Greg Meyer and Scott, for your posts of earlier, my sentiments exactly, (about 5 or 6 posts up the page from this one).

Rob, since you seem to have the "fever" a little worse than most this winter, ya get some slack, I understand the condition, tin-envy-itis, usually strikes glass owners, usually during the winter months, there is only one cure, sell the glass, buy a tin rig, ok, well maybe I'm pushin my luck, eh? LOL

Trout, we have these "discussions" on occasion, to let off steam, have a little fun, pass the time during winter, etc.

But don't think for a minute a bunch of tin owners are gonna jump to your defense here. If ya want to have a little fun, WITHOUT insulting or demeaning anyone, fine. But if you attack anyone with personal insults, be they glass OR tin owners here, you'll be ignored by ALL of us.... later all, egMike----

p.s.- just for yucks, Who Owns Nitro? Starts with a T....R....A...

Hey, just thought of another word that starts with T, and ends with "IN".... hehe later all...

After Rob's comment about ownership I did a check and figured out that I was not in the owners gallery so my boat did not count..I also noticed Rob's was not there either so his opinion does not count.....LOL

BF

First TX less than a month away, hope I get my boat dug out by then..Thanks Rob!

there you guys go again with that recount thing. somebody is always wanting to recount.....

I Agree, Beer is MUCH better in glass than Tin :)

I Like dark beers (real dark). Would love some laughing lab if I could get it out here in cincy but have to go back to Colorado to get it dang it.

My bro avalanch is the best of both worlds but I still cant wait to get my 901cdx I got the elite paint so no sparklies but I got that 200. wish I could fit a 20 footer in my garage then I may of waited on the new av next year.

Sorry Fellow Tin Bretheren...

I had neglected to put a pic in the 'link' in my profile so the awesome TV-18 was not listed in the Owner's Gallery.

It is now!!!

Chalk up another Tin and start the recount!!!

az

I gotta figure out how to list my rig there. I have it in the members list and my library. I'll get it on there! And this AIN'T FL, and boats aren't chads! Bush won the election and SO DID GLASS! Nice lil rhyme there eh?

I counted several Champions, Skeeters, and Tritons along with the Nitros! Glass is glass!

OK since Rob thru my Hot Tub in here, i'll chime in. First Trout and others - Yes this is a "fun" ribbing topic that pop's up time after time (maybe Rob should have posted it under Other Topics). Second, Rob, didn't you take Statistic's in school, you can't use the Owners Gallery as a representative sample as picture to ownership ratio's are not accurate, as you know since your's in not in there but MINE is!!!

Now if Rich get's bored one night after a few beers, and after he puts in the feature to allow us to sort owners by boat model (I know this is tough since model is a free form text field) maybe he'll put a Tin/Glass flag in for all of us to switch on for our profile - RIGHT!!!

What I can't find is my copies of Trailerboat magazine where they show the #'s of Tracker Tin sold and the Number of Nitro Glass (and other brands), that would give you a perspective on sales.

Anywho - Tin Rules and Glass is LAST!!!

Yes, but when you mix statistics with marketing, you pull ONLY the numbers that make your case! LOL It's targeting an audience. And I hit my mark! LOL Glad I could bring joy to this dismal time of year! Actually, don't tell anyone, but when I was battling with Tracker over replacing my 2nd Super-Guide, I had requested a Pro-Team 17' with a 60 and I would make up the difference. They didn't do it, good thing too, or I might not have made the intelligent jump to glass! Ha, I got tons of 'em! LOL Archive THAT! LOL durn fever! man, I really need to go fishing! Wonder if the wheelbarrell is biting yet?

Peanut let go of that jig and get your dad another tin can of beer, he's losing it again.

Hey guys I got a 911 for sale so if anybody wants to convert from tin to glass drop me a line (durn fever)

T.S.

Latest posts

Back