Getting the foot off

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnieVee

Reaction score
mariner 90 hp, have all 5 bolts off, looks like the aft stud will not let go of the foot section, besides hammering on it and using WD40 to break it loose, can I apply heat to it, with out doing any damage?

Believe it or not, there is no bolt under the trim tab. There is a stud in front of it and the four on the sides.

So the 5 bolts removed were two 2 on each side under caviation, and the one to the rear of the Anoide? Maybe someone used gasket sealer when they put it back together. Have you tapped around cavitation plate with rubber mallet?

Yes, have done all of that. Applied heat to the boss around the stud, to get it to let loose. got it to move just a hair then stopped. There was a line up pin behind the stud. been trying to get it off for three days, between heat and WD40, no luck.... the gap was just wide enough for me to use a hacksaw to cut the pin and bolt. now that the foot is off, I have to get the stud out of the foot and bottom of motor including removing the pin.
Will try to post some photos later.

Whoo Hoo, got the bolt out of the foot and foot mount, had to add to step drill both halves, then add heat to get the threads to release. ran a tap thru the holes to clean the threads. on the rear hole used an improvised sanding drum to remove all the built-up corrosion that was holding the stud in the foot. Test ran unit with the thermostat cover off, it's now pushing the water out, like it's supposed to.
Now that portion is done, time to work on why it won't go above 3000 RPM, Another thread....

Latest posts

Back