Genmar buys Champion

• Thread starter Bill McElroy [URL]http://www.bassfan.com[/URL]
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, there have been a lot of changes in the past 12 months in the industry. What lies ahead I wonder?

I don't know, but with the way Irwin Jacobs is buying everything up and eliminating his competition,....I can see the prices of everything going nowhere but UP!!...(You'll see Johnny, Earl and Irwin owning Everything!!)

Maybe we should start our own company? No, just stick with Nitro until the dominate the WORLD!!!!!! Sorry, too much TV

Naw,..that's too much work,...I want to be a cartoonist with a serious fishing habit!! LOL Being a CEO is too much work. Those dudes don't laugh enough....I have to laugh everyday, it's medicinal!!

Once all of these mfg's merge and start consolidating/down-sizing I gotta think the R&D gene pool is gonna be pretty limited. One of two things will probably happen: all boats will look and cost alike with no dramatic improvements through the years, or, boaters/fisherman will get sick of it, start demanding higher quality with lower price tags and a new company will rise from the ashes focusing on customer satisfaction rather than shareholders.

Gentlemen....gentlemen, don't get your panties in a bunch, Mac did that yesterday! Or so I hear. When economic downturns occur, the first spot people (sane people) stop spending money is on luxury items, aka bass boats etc. Thus forcing prices down. Secondly, we live in the US of A where free enterprise runs the show. As long as there is a demand for boats, there will be new companiew popping up and causing competition which drives prices down. Besides, it would take a lot more mergers or acquisitions before there is no competition left. Maybe this will just weed out the weaker inferior companies. Boy could certain people use that one in the wrong context! Change is good. I always say, you can be the steam-roller or you can be the road! Not much for being rolled over myself!

You heard wrong Rob (sorry),...I'm as mellow as they come.

Nothing gets bunched up in these parts, cept people from Georgia up here on vacation,..trying to DRIVE! LOL

Looks almost like the auto industry. "The Big Three" all different brands but all under the same few parent companies. As long as the price and quality stays at a level we all can except and almost afford. I think it will be fine.

John F.

I'm just glad to see that ChampioN will be back in business - and that their employees will have work. It's tough economic times out there.......

me

Latest posts

Back