Gel-coat/paint repair

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Brone

Reaction score
Ok, I have a small spot inside the boat on the side of the gunwhale that looks like gel-coat and paint chipping off. It's been there for quite some time. It's about a half inch square. it seems like a spot that didn't adhere to the fiber glass or something. Is there something I can inject behind the chipping piece or something like that to keep it together so it doesn't continue to chip away? Should I actually chip off the loose stuff and use my gel-coat repair kit to try and fill it back in? That worries me because I don't know how far it'll keep chipping once I start. Any suggestions? Thanks

Jim - Can't help but will watch this space, I have a small chip at the bow above the eye that I may need to fix.

What kind of performance are you getting out of your 750 with the 115? What prop? Just learning as i've only had my 700 for 2 months, but interested in learning what similar rigs are rigged and running like.

Trep

The 700LX and the 750 are actually not very similar. I have a 26P stainless on the 115. On a good day, I've had it up to 56MPH. I've actually seen a 700 with the 115 and while it is a smaller and lighter boat, the hull on the 750 is designed differently and allows higher top end speed. You will have a better whole shot though on the 700. Both boats are rather short as bass boats go. But after getting used to your 700 you'll get good at learning how to keep it in the water in the chop. I've been running my boat for 3 years now and fishing tournaments with it. I haven't had much trouble beside the one I described. And I do quite well in the tournaments with it.

I have to say that I'd sure like to move up to something bigger and with some better quality features. Not that I'd switch from Nitro though. I really like the 898's. I feel like I'm going to need something 19' or better in the future to achieve what I plan to with the tournaments.

Anyway, enjoy the 700LX. It's a nice rig.

Thanks Jim - I'll be putting the water pressure gauge in late next week, so with the jackplate I think I can tweak it a bit more. I do need more practice on driving through chop, though every trip i'm getting better.

I did notice the 750 hull is different, I think its based on the 882 hull but 6 inches shorter and it is wider then the 700. I love the boat and the storage!

Trep

When I take a boat wake in mine, if it's a large boat with a large wake, I'll turn at about 45 degrees directly at the back end of the oncoming boat. The wake hasn't had a chance to gain height that close to the boat and your boat will just pop right over it. Don't try to run between them or you'll get tossed around. The driver of the oncoming boat might look at you like you're nuts, but atleast you won't have to shut down and start all over.

Latest posts

Back