Gass Fill Z9 spitting Back

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wesgillock

Reaction score
2008 Z-9 spitting gas back filling it up. Finally found the problem. The vent hose is installed with a big dip in it between sides. When they built the boat the bracing between seat back and live well the holes for vent tube was drilled to low causing a dip in the line lower than the line is in diameter. Cut line loose and re routed seems a lot better now. Will still spit sometimes but not as bad

2008 Z-9 spitting gas back filling it up. Finally found the problem. The vent hose is installed with a big dip in it between sides. When they built the boat the bracing between seat back and live well the holes for vent tube was drilled to low causing a dip in the line lower than the line is in diameter. Cut line loose and re routed seems a lot better now. Will still spit sometimes but not as bad
I had the same problem with my 2009 Nitro 898 I had to raise the vent hose up with to get the low area out of the hose and was finally able to fill the tank with no spit back.

Latest posts

Back