Gas Prices!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dougiemac

WooHoo! Gas keeps dropping! In Oklahoma City, gas dropped below $2.00 at $1.99/gal. !!!!!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102237054

First time in 4 years since gas dropped below $2.00 in the country!

I't's $2.58 here in Towne Lake (Woodstock, GA).

What is it in your neck of the woods?

Most of the time I plan my route. A lot of the states now are getting into the CNG business. I can go form OKC all the way to south Florida or to Calif. on CNG. Not all the states are as cheap as Oklahoma. I pay in Texas and New Mexico an average of 2.30 a gallon. The cost of having a truck set up for CNG is about $10,000.00. But in Oklahoma they give us a 50% Tax write off. And when gas was over $3.00 a gallon after the first 15,000 miles the system is paid for.

There is no difference in the mileage or the power of the truck. I have a 2013 f150 4X4 off road and I get about 22 to 25 miles per gallon on the highway. In town about 16 to 18. This is a 5.0 set up for CNG from the factory. I do not have to switch from CNG to Gas to lube the engine valve system. Since I bought the truck back in Sept of last year I have only filled up with gas one time.

I pull my boat all over the place with it.
It is worth checking into as long as the vehicle does not have over 50,000 miles on it.

Latest posts

Back