Garmin GMS 10 vs GCV 20

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have two garmin echomap 93SV’s. One is running my livescope which I have the included GLS 10 box into that echomap via Ethernet port. The other is running a GT54UHD-TM transducer. And nothing else. My question is which would be the best for my application if I wanna share all data and functions on both screens? Idk the difference between the GMS10 and the GCV 20 but I want all functions and have access to everything equally on both echomaps. Can someone please explain the difference between the two and which would be best for my application? It’s a $100 difference so I wanna be sure. Mucho apprecianto!

Try the Garmin Facebook page---I'm no Garmin/Electronics expert but the GMS10 & GVC20 are 2 different animals. The GMS10 is a network expander Box. The GCV20 is a box required to get HD views from a specialized transducer. I believe what you really need to do is connect them together via NMEA2000 network. But again, I'm no expert!!

I have a Garmin trolling motor linked to my units with them linked to livescope through to GMS10 if I get tired or need a break I can sit at console looking at the graph using livescope, if I see something I go to the front and look at the bow graph.

Latest posts

Back