Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 94 sv

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richardmanningjr

Reaction score
2019 Nitro Z-20
I have a Hummingbird Helix 9 installed and I want to change it out for a Garmin Echomap UHD 94.
Does any one know if I can use the transducer on the hummingbird for the Garmin?

Thanks for any help

I had two humminbirds 698 and 798 and changed them out for 2 garmin 73svs,the transducers are not the same,use garmin transducers

Why did you change to Garmin? I have to consider Humminbird offers a One-Boat option which integrates high end trolling motor, fish finder, and engine controls. Dont want to make a misinformed buying decision.

I changed from a Humminbird 998 to Garmin 93sv. I could not use old transducers. I changed to Garmin after owning Humminbirds for 25 years because Humminbird would not service or answer questions about my 998 and it was only about 10 years only. Their response was buy a newer one. Not the product support I had seen in the past. Heard someone bought them out and support is usually one of the first of the cut backs . Then it's quality control.

I just bought a vesselview for my 2004 Optimax. It is good to undrrstand that Garmin or Lowrance are my next considrrations. Both will read data from nmea network and vesselview is also bluetooth which i have to discover if Garmin vs Lowrance will be a good choice. Seems like the touch screen on Garmin wins out.

Not being too tech smart. I talked to other owners and a local bass pro and went with Garmin for ease of use and good support. Everyone got pros and cons. I try not to touch the fish finder screen too much. I use sun screen. I do wipe my hands after putting it on, don't want to get any residue on the screen than have the hot sun bake it on. Technology changes so quick today not sure what you buy today isn't considered obsolete the next year. It would cost one a fortune to keep up with it.

DONAOL… you can buy screen protectors for all brands of fish finders, like you put on your phone. Since you use sunscreen might be a viable option!

DONAOL… you can buy screen protectors for all brands of fish finders, like you put on your phone. Since you use sunscreen might be a viable option!
Didn’t think of that. Good idea. Thanks

Has anyone added maps to these. I am having trouble. My buddy has the same one with the USA LAKES and I the USA coast only with no lakes.

Have two 93sv uhd echomaps. Absolutely love them. Built with higher quality care. Wide array of compatibility and Ann’s the easiest to network multiple devices connected to single network. Livescope, gt54uhd-tm trans, gcv20 splitter black box, and all access from all sensors on all screens. Reliable. Garmin all the way. Plus their gps platform is rock solid. Especially if you use full automation gps guided drive controller. Garmins a good choice!

Latest posts

Back