1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Fury Prop On Mercury 225 And Nitro 929 Cdx

Thread in 'Motors & Props' started by Daniel Bonneson2, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Daniel Bonneson2

Daniel Bonneson2 New Member

Looking for reports of how the prop performed with the combination listed above.

Until now I have used the Tempest plus, which has served me well, but it was time for an upgrade and I could pass up the price.

Any information/report that can be provide would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Dan B.

2. jerry shack

jerry shack Active Member

i have a 2004 NX 898 DC (Z8) with a 225 Mercury Opti Max it came with a Tempest Plus 25 pitch this boat was a pig getting out of the hole and ran on top RPM of 5400 . I bought a Fury 24 pitch what a difference day and night. The hole shot twice as fast top end speed 3 MPH faster and loads on the trailer so fast you have watch it cause it will push your truck up the ramp. Top RPM went to 5700 and made it like a different boat.

3. Kenny Reagan

Kenny Reagan New Member

What is your top speed with that 24 p fury on that 898?

4. jerry shack

With me in the boat and gear and less then half a tank of gas no water in live well 67 mph at 5700 rpms

5. cleo jennings

cleo jennings Member

6. cleo jennings

cleo jennings Member

Do you still have the Tempest? If so do you want to sale it if you do how much

7. jerry shack

Sorry but i sold it already, my back up prop is a Power Tech 4 blade 13 3/4 x 24 p this prop ran better then the Tempest 14 1/2 x 25 p not as fast as the Tempest but a lot better hole shot. Down here in Florida we fish a lot of skinny water and hole shot is a must.

8. Darren Wilkes

Darren Wilkes Member

Jerry, thanks for the information. I have a 2006 NX898 with a 200 mariner. I am running a 23p 4 blade. I am able to stay on plane a lot slower with it than the 3 blade but on take off I blow the prop and really have to feather it to bite. Some numb nut drilled out the pvs holes so now the plugs will not fit. I am considering the 24 Power Tech 4 blade too. With two fat boys, full fuel and livewells the 25p tempest it came with will not get it on plane. Have you considered moving the trolling motor batteries into the front of the center tackle compartment to help with forward balance too? I am going to try it I think. It will require some engineering to hold them down but might pay off.

9. jerry shack

I believe that moving the batteries up front will kill some of your top end. I would take the prop to a prop shop and have the holes welded shut and start by drilling a 3/8 hole and go up from there till it's were you need to be that's the cheapest fix. However before ordering your Power-Tech call them and they will know which 4 blade to get they have a lot of types to chose from. I have 4 batteries all in the back so it can be done with a little trial and error. Merry Christmas