Fueling Blow Back

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Allen

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

Been awhile! I was wondering if anyone else has trouble with gas blowing back on them while filling their gas tank? My Tracker Pro Team 165 is really bad about it no matter what position I hold the fuel nozzle. If so, have you found a fix for it? Thanks!

Any way to look at the hose coming from the filler neck into the tank to see if there is a sharp bend or kink in it, causing it to be pinched? I'm not familiar with the boat, so I'm not sure how accessible it is. That's the only thing I can think of that would cause blowback, other than the tank building pressure faster than it can be relieved while you are fueling.

Fog

Any way to look at the hose coming from the filler neck into the tank to see if there is a sharp bend or kink in it, causing it to be pinched? I'm not familiar with the boat, so I'm not sure how accessible it is. That's the only thing I can think of that would cause blowback, other than the tank building pressure faster than it can be relieved while you are fueling.

Fog
I believe it's hard plastic and there is a pretty good bend to it.

Hello Folks,

Been awhile! I was wondering if anyone else has trouble with gas blowing back on them while filling their gas tank? My Tracker Pro Team 165 is really bad about it no matter what position I hold the fuel nozzle. If so, have you found a fix for it? Thanks!
I have the exact same problem with my Tracker 175 ProGuide WT. I have to just trickle the fuel in. I believe it must be a venting problem but I have not found the vent line. I'm sure it would require removing the panels around the fuel tank and filler and I just haven't been willing to take the time to do that. If you find the solution, I would be interested in hearing about it.

I have the exact same problem with my Tracker 175 ProGuide WT. I have to just trickle the fuel in. I believe it must be a venting problem but I have not found the vent line. I'm sure it would require removing the panels around the fuel tank and filler and I just haven't been willing to take the time to do that. If you find the solution, I would be interested in hearing about it.

I certainly will. I know there's probably a lot of folks with the same problem.

All brands of boat have that problem. There are 2 reasons for this, one is the way the fill tube is run to the tank or your air vents hoses are clogged. I have even seen insects clog them.

Thanks Kirby. I've never really heard anyone but Tracker owners complain much about it. Dad has an older Javelin that he has no issues with. I'll check those vents and see what I can see.

I had a '97 PT17 and it was horrible to fuel. The bend on the fill tube would constantly shut off the pump if I tried to stick the nozzle in the whole way. I did find that if I flipped the nozzle upside down (handle up) and could fit it just right, it would hold itself and allow me to get a couple clicks on the trigger. Nothing I did ever let me hold it wide open to fill the tank, and if it ever shut off by itself I always got some blowback. When ever I expected to top off the tank I would always fill it with the back lid up so I could see the fuel level in the tank and take control of the pump to finish the fill. My new PT190 has a completely different set up and I can fill it just like the truck- no issues so far.

As an update, I decided to go the less wasteful and messy, but oh some much slower route. I have been mixing the fuel/oil/stabilizer in a 5 gallon gas can and then siphoning it into the tank. It takes a while, but if I am getting things ready the night before, it's not that much of an issue and I get zero blow back.

When I had my 17 foot Nitro I had that problems. I took off the cap and fixture that held it in place and pulled it out. It was a rubber flex hose. It was crimped almost shut. I cut off about 4 inches and it took fuel as fast as I could pump it in.
fatrap

When I had my 17 foot Nitro I had that problems. I took off the cap and fixture that held it in place and pulled it out. It was a rubber flex hose. It was crimped almost shut. I cut off about 4 inches and it took fuel as fast as I could pump it in.
fatrap
Thanks. I'll check that. It's really hard to see anything down the throat to tell

Latest posts

Back