Fuel Tank Removal

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les Gideon

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Pro Team 175 and I need to remove the fuel tank and clean it out cause the previous owner let it set for years. Need to get the tank out and repair the livewell hoses. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Les

I have a 2005 Pro Team 175 and I need to remove the fuel tank and clean it out cause the previous owner let it set for years. Need to get the tank out and repair the livewell hoses. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Les

da326a0cadd254aac93776f55c92c3a6.jpg
Been there ask away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks gatorglenn6, how does the center part of the deck come off. I see you made some mods to the compartment. Looks good.

Thanks gatorglenn6, how does the center part of the deck come off. I see you made some mods to the compartment. Looks good.

Hey, the center rail that the seat base is on, is bolted in on each end.Lift the bilge hatch. And you can see the bolts ,but first you’ll have to drill the rivets out of the livewell. So you’ll have to take the carpet off.

But you can cut the tank out. And not have to remove any of the decking at all. But cutting it out is the only way. I was recarpeting mine. So I have dismantled the whole boat. If you only want to get the tank out. You’ll have to cut it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey, the center rail that the seat base is on, is bolted in on each end.Lift the bilge hatch. And you can see the bolts ,but first you’ll have to drill the rivets out of the livewell. So you’ll have to take the carpet off.

But you can cut the tank out. And not have to remove any of the decking at all. But cutting it out is the only way. I was recarpeting mine. So I have dismantled the whole boat. If you only want to get the tank out. You’ll have to cut it out.

I am replacing the carpet, its worn out so the whole piece is coming out.

Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back