fuel gage sensor on new 188 sport

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Perry

Reaction score
I got my new 188 sport a couple of weeks ago and the dealer told me on delvery that the fuel gage did not work because of a faulty sending unit, and he had to order one. The kicker is that he told me that in order to install the new one he had to have the boat for several days if not a couple of weeks because they had to cut a hole in the deck of my new boat to get to the sending unit and then have it repaired. Is that really the only way to fix this problem? Or does my dealer know what he is doing? Also Why would Nitro build a boat that had to have a hole cut in it to get to something like a sending unit fir the fuel gauge or anything else? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Ron,

I can't speak for the 188, but the new Tundra had the same problem...we had to cut an access door in the aluminum to get it out...

Thanks for the responses, my 188 differs from your 185 in that your boat has a wood deck and my boat is ALL fiberglass, the deck too.

Latest posts

Back