fuel additives

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony silveira

Reaction score
I always hear all this stuff about fuel additives. I have never used anything in any of my boats. I live in California and don't winterize. Fish all winter. Starting to get kind of paranoid. Should I be using something even though my boat don't sit for long period of time?

I assume you are running a merc. Seafoam and/or merc quickleen is a must. You have to treat ethanol and you need to make sure your lins are ethanol rated. See BobG's post and look at what happens to those that aren't. You add even different treatment to winterize but there is no such thing as just filling the tank anymore.

No, not if it's still running good. BUT....you are living on borrowed time. Make sure your fuel lines are corn rated and run a tank of Seafoam through it, I think you'll be amazed at the difference. Then add your Seafoam at the recommended dosage in every tank.

If you're running an Opti without Quickleen or some type of decarbonizer, you will know it sooner than later. All you need is one injector failure to welcome you to the Opti-pop club. I recommend you dose it now and with every tank from now on. The additional expense now vs. the price of a powerhead is pennies on the dollar. ;)

Latest posts

Back