Front Fish Finder

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd K.B.

Reaction score
Hi all, first time poster, long time reader. I have an 06 Pro Crappie, love the boat. Bought it last July. I want to add a bow mounted fish finder and attatch the transducer to the trolling motor. Sounds simple, but I am not sure where to obtain my 12vdc. Should I just come off the bow panel, I.E. splice in a fused link? or is there a way to run it back to the fuse panel. I bought the Hummingbird Pirahna Max after seeing on TV shows and a friends boat. Nothing fancy, but like the boat, seems to be a hard worker for a great price. Thanks for any help.

Todd.

I have a PT 185 and I just removed the panel that holds the trolling motor plug and there was an unused, spare set of wires pre-crimped for me to tap into. Maybe you have the same thing.

Running it back to the fuse panel id a P.I.T.A. Don't hook it up to your trolling motor battery..

If you have tilt and trim you should be able to splice in there or your bow light wires.

Uncle Billy

I know the PT models have the extra power lines, don't know if they finaly did that for the PC series. Go to the Resources, Grab Bag links on the left side, look under Electronics, you'll see the wiring diagram and pictures of when I did my 2000 PC 175.

Trep

I run a seperate line down the side and the only reason I done that was to make sure I had NO intereference between the two units.

Todd,

Although running wires from the bow back to the cranking battery is a large P.I.T.A., it is your best bet to head off any possible electrical interference or voltage/current problems. While this is no guarantee that it will prevent all interference problems

Use the power trim, not the bow light.

As somebody pointed out to me when I suggested it, the switch for the light would need to be turned on to power it up. DOH!! :wacko:

Steve

Latest posts

Back