Front battery not charging!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alpheus75

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Pro Guide V 175 Combo with about 15 hours that has quit charging the front battery. It has the dual charger option but only charges the rear battery when plugged in. Both fuses check good. Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

If you have a handheld electrical test meter check your voltage with the charger unplugged and then plug it in and see if it changes. It should charge above 12V around 12.8-13.1 also check the battery that is charging also and see what it does. I had the original 3 bank in my Nitro that was 15 years old and figured out it stopped working when the trolling motor went dead. The starting battery is charged by the outboard but my 2 deep cycle trolling batteries do not so now I have a new 3 bank charger in place and all is well. Warranty??

The front battery is completely dead. There is no change when I plug in the charger. I bought the boat in March of last year so I would doubt it is in warranty. They haven’t helped me with anything yet. Thanks

If it's an Interstate battery, charge the battery on an external charger, then take it to an Interstate dealer and have them test it. Replace the fuse on the dead side of the charger with the fuse from the good side, the fuse can be blown and not noticeable. If the fuse blows then the charger is bad. I had it happen on a brand new charger. They make them by the thousands.

Latest posts

Back