Friday Night Tournament

• Thread starter Russ Charles [IMG]http://c:photosdave4.ipg[/IMG]
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ Charles

Reaction score
My son David and I fish small Friday night boat tournament on East Lake Toho. It's just a few guys that show up, put in $25, and fish from 7:00 PM to 1:00 AM. We do have certified scales and pay only 1st place (80%) and big fish (20%). We usually have 14 - 18 boats. Here is David's big fish for the night. 10lbs, 5 oz.

I don't know how to add the picture either but tell your son congratulations from this old Kentuckian. By the way Russ, sounds like you did a good job being his dad.

Bear

Thanks Berry, when you fish together not too hard being a good dad. BTW, we also got the 1st place money with 21-8 for 5 fish, but not too much help from me LOL.

Russ C.

WOW! What a FISH!!

What was your first reaction when you saw the size of the thing comming out of the darkness? That is - IF you can repeat it!

me!

Scott,

That was last Friday during the new moon around midnight and it was like an inkwell out there. We were pitching about 15' to the inside front edge of a reed line in 5' of water with 6" plastic worms, Texas rigged with 1/8 oz Gambler florida rigged slip sinker, and 2/0 Gamakatsu hook. We were using 15lb P-Line and black lights. When David set the hook he yelled "good fish". She first took him into the reeds and hung up, but David gave her a little slack and then she made a run under the boat taking drag. David had the rod into the water up to the reel. She only rolled once on the other side of the boat and we knew she was big. He worked her back around the boat without getting in the trolling motor and lead her to my waiting net. As soon as I lifted her in the boat the hook fell out. Notice from the picture that she appears to be without roe.

BTW, another competitor brought in a 9-4 that same night, but we still had him beat for big fish and total weight.

Russ C.

Make that a Double-WOW!! Other than that - I am speechless! (Can you believe it!)

me!

WOW!!!

The only largemouth like that in my neck of the woods is in the tank at BPS !!!

Latest posts

Back