Forgot to introduce myself

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren Wilkes

Reaction score
Howdy YALL, I am Darren and live in Batesville Arkansas. I am an old motor head/ex racer/horse trader turned bass fisherman (not bass catcher yet.....lol) and love to tinker with boats, so I am always looking for information of some kind.
I have been on here for a week or so looking for tips to fix a stubborn outboard motor. I have been busy reading older posts and found some really good information too. Thanks for all the tech and advice, keep it coming I love it.

God Bless and Tight Lines

Darren you mentioned you were in the Air Force (or so I gathered :D). Tell me more about that. I was in SP K9, from 68-77, and prior to that, ANG in Alabama (Jasper) from 66-68. Agent Orange finally got me (13 heart surgeries, #14 waiting and coming soon).

The Navy Fly Boys could never find us, we would just go below the thermocline and continue to the target.
We could dive deeper and come up drier.
Welcome!

cq

I was aircraft armament then EOD trained. They made the mistake of telling me to re-up when there was an early-out in progress. If they had asked I might would have considered......lol, but try to trick me and I am gone......Was in From May 86- Feb 9o. If I could have cross trained to something else I would have made a lifer. Was stationed at Carswell AFB in Ft. Worth......old SAC trained Killer.....haha

Darren, welcome. Glad you found us and the archives have been useful. Lots of experience and info in there.

Latest posts

Back