For all you Northerners who have to winterize!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Check out Bass Pro Shops online (www.basspro.com). In the Clearance section you'll find:

- Bass Pro Shops

Speaking as a true born and raised Southerner, that has made home in the distant North East and must endure too many months of stairing at a boat in pretty blue shrink wrap..... Treppie, that just aint right. LOL ;)

Cass

what do you mean winerize??its 50 degrees here in northeast pa!!i havent winterized the boat yet!!when the water gets hard,or 6" snow,then it is time!!!!!

For that, Treppie....... I may just have to side-step and let John do you in!

me!

Hey guys and gals, I'm only trying to be helpful!

Ken - So when is Tracker/Nitro going to start putting Ice Breakers on the front of boats?

Cass - I'm the opposite, born/raised Yankee only in the south 10 years, but I wouldn't trade it!

Jeff - You keep fishing till it ice overs!!!

Scott - Now is that anyway to talk to your partner??? OK, i'll tell you what, we got a cold front comming thru tomorrow (Thurs) so by Friday it won't hit 60! Might have to winterize that Tracker after all LOL

I do feel for you northerners, and I mean that! 25 years in the Midwest (Indianapolis, IN) and East (Pomtonlakes, NY and I know how you feel!

TrepMan

There ain't nuthin' worse than a Northerner transplanted to the South who rubs it in...........

That's it, the rally has been moved to February and Trep is hosting it. Champlain should have a good 20" of ice on it my then. Bring you ice augers and snow sleds everyone, Trep is buying!

Rob - If your moving the Rally to February you might as well move the lake south! Lainer would be fine or we could go farther south to Florida, where we'll need our sunblock and bermuda shorts.

Rick - I'm closer to 75 comming from Tenn., but you can get to me from 85. Though if you come down 85 you'll pass on the left side the NEW Bass Pro Shops and wing right past Rich Stern's house!. And a few times a year I do get the reminder of that cold weather, we do get a half dozen snow's a year, but the Tracker is always garaged so it's SAFE. I've got my priorities straight, my new wagon stays outside but the Boat gets a garage!

By the way - that is a great deal on the PC Game!

TrepMan

All in favor of subing Trep in place of Scott for the musky bait at next year's rally say "Aiye"

"AIYE"

Sorry Trep, but if the treble hook fits you must wear it!!

LOL

Barb

Many you folks are BRUTAL!!

Hey, I am honored to replace Scott anywhere, anytime. Hey does that mean I get to drive the 18 wheeler! lookout boat ramp!

It's a trade off, we get to fish longer down here - BUT, you get to fish for Smallmouth, Pike, Walley and Musky everyday! I've got to pay for a flyin to Ontario for those!

No you don't Trep....here in the tank we've got 7lb smallies, 30lb pike, 35lb muskies, and 13lb walleyes!!!

...and the water NEVER freezes. LOL

Hey Ken...

Maybe right before the next blizzard, we can drive to your store and have a fishing rally at the tank!! We could push the boats up to the edge of the tank and go for it!!

Any takers??

Barb

Hey Ken.....dont be hookin all of my fish in that pond....

Mac....Neely in movin in on our sh*t!!!!! What are we gonna do about that????

Mini

Mac and MIni,

Don't worry, I got all worked out...we'll do it like a trout pond and charge everyone 5 bux a pound....we'll make a freaking fortune...sell pictures for $7.50 a pop!!!

Ken - OK so you can't FISH for them everyday, but they are available. I understand there are Walleye's in Lake Lanier, mostly on the northern end I hear, might have to check them out.

Closest thing I can get to a Smallie or Pike is the Chattanooga Aquarium (2 hour drive), and NO then won't let me bring my fishing rod with me!

Thinking like a true capitalist Ken, and I like it!

Trep, your a riot man!!!!!

Weather man is calling for sun and 60* Saturday and sun and 54* on Sunday here in CT. I'll be on the water both days hooking hogs.

HeyRob! It wouldn't be fair to move the Rally down south in Febuary, all of us northerners would have too much of an advantage. We KNOW HOW to fish in cold water!!!!

Leave the Ralley were it is and maybe we can get a little north VS south action going. My monies on the north all over.

Hey guys I found a way to keep from winterizing my boat. I retired and go to South Florida in the winter , return north in the spring. I would recomend this type of winterizing to all my northern friends. See you all when the ice goes out

Dave

Latest posts

Back