for all you bass fisherman!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEFF WHITE

Reaction score
now that i got your attention,i have a whole bunch of rapalas,rebels,and such without split rings on them,i have some yozuris with,do you modify yours and put split rings on them,or not?i have over 200 split rings in #1-#4 in size.kind of a tackle box reoriginize/rebuild/restock/catalog deal.hard water for the boat,but not hard enough for ice fishing yet.

found a few good deals on ebay for tackle and such.spinnerbaits,rigger parts,spoons,and such.guess im doing my shopping now,but those sport shows will be frequented also,ft washington,pa,harrisburg,pa,suffern,ny also.got to see the new stuff!!

while rooting through the stuff down in my basement,found a bass pro marine catalog from 1997,and a cabellas from the same year.what a shock on prices.found some old stuff i didnt even use yet,still in the packages,floating powerbait rigs for trout.guess ill be selling a few things on ebay shortly.

happy new year.

Magna,...adding split rings to all of your line ties on your crankbaits and topwater baits is a good idea.

Split rings will give the bait more action than tying directly to the bait. It's especially important on jerkbaits,.....if you're out on the water and you don't have a split ring available,...use a loop knot. They work as good as a split ring, but I prefer a split ring over a loop knot simply because I use polymar knots almost exclusively,......out of habit more than anything else. I learned a good trick from the "Mini Man" too,...he uses double split rings on spook hooks...one slightly larger than the other. He's lost a few HUGE toads by having them pull hooks off baits and straighten out a single split ring,......so now he doubles up and has eliminated that problem. It's a great idea,....and it doesn't affect the baits action at all. Now if we only had Peacock bass in St.clair!..HA!!!!

Good luck,

Mac

with the hard water now upon me here,its time to start sharpening hooks,replacing bent hooks,shopping on ebay and stuff.the work on the boat is next.got to gather up materials and some labor for the upcoming months..

oh well!

here is something to look at,on ebay,spinner baits,here is the item #'s if you care to look at them.i bought a lot of stuff off this guy,and he is pretty good.

#1058862028,and # 1058863330 all brand name spinnerbaits.

Latest posts

Back