Follow up to request for member input

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
I need to clarify something from my earlier "Members, please read" post.

Some of you seem to feel that I am suggesting censorship of anything that might reflect poorly on Tracker. I am not. Tracker's marketing department doesn't pay for this site. I do. It clearly states on the home page that it is acceptable to discuss flaws and problems with the boats and the company.

I am very anti-censorship. Through this recent controversy, I have not edited or deleted one message, despite the harm they may have caused to the web site's reputation.

My original message was about the very poor way in which members were representing their issues with Tracker. Personal insults. Less than examplary language. Including Tracker employees in off-color humor and inuendo.

We have had negative posts in the past about experiences with Tracker products and service, but they were presented with a degree of respect and self-restraint that did not reflect poorly on anyone. That is a key difference. I don't even consider such posts negative. They are simply statements of fact and opinion that require the attention of Tracker if they so choose after reading them on this site.

All,

Perhaps it would be best not to mention Tracker employees by name or title, good or bad, in our posts. If we have dealings with Tracker that we would like to share then we can refer to them by department only, i.e. Cust serv, repair, technical, etc... I agree that option 1 of the previous post is the best way to go.

To Rich, I did not mean to imply that you are or would censor the site, and apologize if you read that into my meaning. This is without a doubt one of the finest sites on the web and you should be commended for it. (As should all the members that contribute.)

Rich D.

Rich, no problem. I know that most people realize I don't filter or edit posts, but I wanted to be sure that it's clear, since censorship was mentioned in several responses.

I think it would be an absolute shame if we did not use this site to recognize those people who go out of their way to provide GOOD service. These people are truly "Unsung Heros"!

We need to let them lnow that they are appreciated!

I have posted praising Tracker Employees many, many more times than I attacked........ And I will continue to praise those individuals!

me!

Rich, don't change a thing. Emotions and possibly, bad decisions seem to be the underlying issue. As I said in my earlier post, I know that things will return to normal as soon as the emotions cool down. Been knowin' this bunch TOO long!

Bruce

Since you asked......Simply put, I feel that what is posted here should remain here and no matter how well meaning NO ONE should attempt to get anyone else involved in someone's issue.

As I have said before, I enjoy this board for the boat & fishing info, I have the choice to read or not read threads, good, bad and even humor should be shared here. Thank you Rich for providing everyone a great place to be able share our experiences!

That's all I have to say about that. :)

Cass

Latest posts

Back