Follow up on the Spinning Rod

• Thread starter Jimmy Easterling
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Easterling

Reaction score
Took your advice Glenn and bought the VTS70-5 and will try it out in the morning. It may be a piece of crap but it sure does look cool. My rod collection is getting right colorful, the assorted grayish looking ones, Abu Garcia Vendetta - white, Carrot Stick - Orange, and Duckett - Red. Also bought the Revo Winch that I will try out in the morning. Will let you know how they work out.

Jimmy,

Did you buy the Vendetta (black rod with red trim - VTS70-5), or did you buy the Veritas (white blank with black graphics - VRS70-5)?

I just picked up a few Veritas models tonight and although the Vendetta's feel very good, I actually prefer the feel and reel seat design on the Veritas a bit better - especially on the spinning rod.

Looking forward to seeing how you like them.

All the best,

Glenn

You're right, it is the Veritas 7' Med. I went out today and threw it a couple of times and just wasn't sure I liked it, it is twice the weight as my old one, so I layed it down. A couple of hours later, needing the shakey head, I picked it up and the more I used it the more I liked it. Caught 7 with this rod, the biggest was 4 lbs 2 oz, felt really good on hook set and handled the piglet well. I am using a Abu Garcia Cardinal 102 on it, I've got a Browning that is a little heavier and was thinking about trying it. You are going to like it.

Latest posts

Back