Follow up on Mac's post...Where would you fish ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierre Voisine

Reaction score
If you had a choice where would you go to fish ? (I think we've covered this before, but there are alot more new people here now.)

Well as many of you know, I am on Lake Champlain, which if you just got your BassMaster mags, is now dubbed as the best Smallie fishery in the country. I agree, great for largemouth too. Can't beat it for overall quality of fish, record numbers, and average size. BUT we will never have a world record up here, and so I would have to pursue that record in Castaic in CA.

Man, that's a tough question,....awful hard to beat St.Clair in may or june with a nice westerly breeze and slightly overcast with a falling barometer.....HEAVEN Baby!!! If we were getting a blow day and 'clairs torn up...then give me Lake Guearro (sp?!) or Bacarac or any of those places in Mexico....John L. fishes there a lot,....he can even drive the boat and have the bow,..I don't care!!....all i'd want is a 10lbr by noon and large margarita with dinner. Make that a Jumbo Senor!!...'course I'd have to bring Mini along to carry all my stuff....and to whale on any bandito's that trtied to move in on our stuff!!! LOL...
You in Mini??
Mac

First choice: Belize! I want some of those monster snook and tarpon!

Second choice: Anywhere - as long as it's from the deck of Penny Berryman's boat!

Scott

I would like to go to the Amazon River for those camel hump Peacoks. I know they will be hot a hevy in south Fl. soon they where introduced about 10 to 12 years ago. they are in all the ponds and some canals. Billy

My trip wouldn't include my boat. It would include a float plane, some horse back riding, some hiking and a fly rod. I would go for some golden trout in the remote mountain streams of Wyoming.

Marke

Now you're talkin' Marke!! Combine it with a Mule deer hunt and maybe whack a huge one on your way in our out! When do we leave?!..LOL
Mac

Actually Mac, I'm tinking fall 2003. I should finish up my Bachelors Degree by then and I'm thinking that trip would make a nice graduation gift from my wife. I don't think any of my buddies would be interested in such a trip so your more than welcome. I didn't consider the deer hunt but what a splendid idea!

Marke

Latest posts

Back