follow up from older post for Bob...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Clayton

Reaction score
re: ? for Bob..... by Bob B.,3/19/2012 15:07 ET

Those are the correct parts Mike. Poppet diaphram #64877 1 $5.90, Therm #14586 $24.92, gaskets, 27-43006 8 and 27-62386001, about $8.00. Easy access, top of cylinder head water jacket....

Certified Merc Service Manager ......cut me and I bleed BLACK.

re: ? for Bob..... by Mike Clayton,3/19/2012 16:15 ET

Sorry Bob but forgot to ask about torque on bolts lower unit and the ones that hold the impeller housing, on one of the you tube videos guy mentioned 40 ft lbs on outside bolts and 60 on housing ones....he also said to use silicon sealer to keep exhaust gases out?? Thanks Again for your help and I will order the parts you mentioned soon...any better site to order from than another?

Mike

any tips on installing poppet I'm not sure I know where that is.....front or back..... I do know where thermo is...

Your question is kind of confusing but the nuts that hold the g'case on to the driveshaft housing should be torqued to 40 lbs / ft., impeller housing to 60 INCH lbs., thermostat bolts 25 lbs / ft. The poppet is under the same cover as the therm. No better place to buy than "USA MARINE".

"marklewis@usamarine inc.com"

or

1-800-370-2628. ;)

Sorry about the confusing ? just trying to condense ?'s...... Thanks for all the info and your dedication to "NTOWS"....and your quick response too....

I will call to order parts I need today or visit web site to order.....

Mike

No need to apologize, sometimes if I look at things with my good eye, they make more sense!!!

Latest posts

Back