Flow Rite Remote Drain Plug

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ

Reaction score
Just installed on new Z20. Very easy. Mounted the control next to livewell control.

Just installed on new Z20. Very easy. Mounted the control next to livewell control.

Thinking of putting one on my Z20 It's quite a reach for me with the Talons and brackets.

Take a picture of the control. I'd like to see where you installed it and how long cable did you order?

I put mine on the rear bulk head behind the drivers rear compartment. So when I open the rear hatch to turn on the batteries I put the plug in. Only needed a 6' cable.

I installed mine in the splash well right next to the charger plug. That way it's right there when I move the motor up and down to install or remove the toter.

Attachments

• Remote Drain Plug.jpg
    Remote Drain Plug.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 100
I have a 2013 Z7, I installed right below the decals near the throttle/gear shift. I use a 10ft cable, however a 8ft would have been better

All have installed in different places and for good reasons.

In the splash well deters me since it is in the splashwell meaning chance of water getting in, but it is convenient. I don't like the charger plug there.
In the bulkhead means no drilling, just mount it. but I don't always turn on power till after i park truck and back at dock.
Near the throttle, at least on the ramp I can reach over the gunnel and close drain, If forgotten I can just reach down and close drain. I can also by accident open drain when reaching for livewell drains

Any other locations to consider?

Just playing with options.

In my splash well location, after about 10 months I have had no water get in. Because there is a slight curve in the fiberglass there I made a thicker rubber gasket to put behind it.

In my splash well location, after about 10 months I have had no water get in. Because there is a slight curve in the fiberglass there I made a thicker rubber gasket to put behind it.

Good to know. This is probably the best location for convenience,
I guess like all other fittings , just need to seal them some how.

My 2021 ZV19 Pro Sport came with one out of the factory. Very nice feature. Mine is mounted on the left side of the rear transom where I can easily open and close it from outside of the boat.

After just a few uses the connection where the cable met the switch broke. It felt like it was closing but wasn't pulling the plug all the way in. No fun being out on the lake without a plug! I was able to reach into the water and get it plugged. After I had it replaced it's been working fine.

I put mine on the rear bulk head behind the drivers rear compartment. So when I open the rear hatch to turn on the batteries I put the plug in. Only needed a 6' cable.
Jerry could you post a picture of where you installed yours? I’ve got a 2021 Z20 that I would like to install this on but haven’t decided where yet.

Tex. Installed on z20. Last week. Got 10 foot cable. Put switch next to live well switches.

Joe,
report above says he used a 10' cable also. He wished he used the 8', can you give your input if 8' or 10' is better for a Z20?

Latest posts

Back