Fishing with green lights-

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They work great on Walleye when dropped deep enough. I put mine down about 25% of the water depth off the bow. When I first started using them I had two small ones front and back but they didn't work so went with a big one. One problem they bring in cat fish and carp as well.

I guess I wouldn't mine catching a good catfish now and then, its all about the fight.

These are mounted underwater, under docks, in some lakes here in Louisiana. They are good to attract baitfish and all the preditors hang out as well. The easy to spot in the early morning to fish around those areas.

Curious...how long do you have to have them out for before fishing? Will admit I don't fish at night much any more.
I have mine set up on a 18 v Milwaukee battery in a dry box like you see at bass pro or wherever with the light hanging 4’ off the bottom of it. Also a piece of Parachord and one of those little kayak anchors. I will put it out go back to camp and eat dinner and come back in a hour and a half. Other times I put it out cast a minnow next to it and just cast lures till the action starts. Sometimes it only takes a couple minutes for the bait fish to start moving in.

I have tried the white and green lights for crappie but have no idea what I'm doing. I have never caught anything with either light or both lights. I've tried live bait, jigs, chatter baits. Nada. I've left the lights out or a couple of hours. I have so many baitfish come in I could probably catch them with my hand if I was fast enough.

I have tried the white and green lights for crappie but have no idea what I'm doing. I have never caught anything with either light or both lights. I've tried live bait, jigs, chatter baits. Nada. I've left the lights out or a couple of hours. I have so many baitfish come in I could probably catch them with my hand if I was fast enough.
Too funny and true to life as alwasy!

Latest posts

Back