Fishing line in bulk or smaller amounts ?????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Guess

Reaction score
How many of you think line bought in bulk (500-1500 yards) is the same as line bought in 300 yd. rolls? I usually buy it in larger rolls but wanted to see what ya'll think about this......thanks, kenny

I don't think there is any difference! I generally buy it in bulk since I change line out often.

I buy most of my always used line in "bulk"... From a large volume retailer...

Match the product name exactly and it is the same. Be careful though, some do have different products in the bigger packages for example P-line.

I agree - most of my line is bought in bulk as I respool at least once a season. I also try to do what Greg does by buying from a large volume retailer. Made the mistake once of buying "clearance" line in bulk only to have it snap every time I tied a knot (old and decayed line!). It had been sitting around way too long!!

I keep all of my line in a drawer in the garage... Stays cool and dry, also out of the sun...

And, every spool get "dated" when it gets put in the drawer... Anything old (that's last year) get sold at a garage sale...

Latest posts

Back