1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

fishing help!!

Thread in 'Fishing' started by mark barton, May 19, 2013.

1. mark barton

mark barton Well-Known Member

I have been bass fishing for past couple years. Mostly I use a wacky worm and have pretty good success. Was looking for something to cover more area and get to deeper waters when needed. Sales guy at BPS suggested spinner baits. So I bought several of their brands. Any one have suggestions on what is a good spinner bait and what things should I be looking for when buying them. I live in Michigan and everyone says how great the sling and fall fishing is and I dont have much luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

2. Lorenzo D

Lorenzo D Well-Known Member

I like spinnerbaits that have a tied on skirt. I also like the terminator series with titanium wire. The titanium wire can take a beating and not get deformed. To fish deep and choice water you can't beat a crankbait. Also the dropshot rig for targeting deep water.

3. Greg Meyer

Greg Meyer Well-Known Member

I am dedicated to using (not inexpensive but very much worth the cost) S.O.B. spinnerbaits. No harm in looking and they are basically made to your specs. 1/4 oz and 3/8 oz in white with some sparkle, black, chartreuse/white are a good . I prefer single blades and would start with a willow on the 1/4oz and a colorado on the 3/8ths. Very versatile bait that you can fish multiple ways.

The other bait is a jig with a trailer. Same color combos