Fishing Black Lake, NY

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Bossler

Reaction score
I will be visiting Black Lake, in Hammond, NY this June. I was wondering if anyone out there might have some tips on lures to use for small and large mouth bass on this lake. Also, any hot spots or GPS guide lines. We will be there for 7 days and I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for any info.....

Hey Wyatt, I've been fishing Black Lake since I was 5 years old and I'm 51 now,what specifically would you like to know. I've been able to catch bass there for years now on jig and pig, 3/8 oz Black Stanley Jig and No. 11 pork rind. In recent years I've been doing well on Tubes 3/16 oz black with red speck, and crank baits medium diver Rapala perch shad rap and cotton cordell shallow diver white. Also don't leave out Senko's they have worked really well around the docks on the northern end of the lake. I prefer Black with blue flake which seems to work the best. Good luck and if you have any specific questions you can email me at "[email protected]":)

Hey Wyatt, I've been fishing Black Lake since I was 5 years old and I'm 51 now,what specifically would you like to know. I've been able to catch bass there for years now on jig and pig, 3/8 oz Black Stanley Jig and No. 11 pork rind. In recent years I've been doing well on Tubes 3/16 oz black with red speck, and crank baits medium diver Rapala perch shad rap and cotton cordell shallow diver white. Also don't leave out Senko's they have worked really well around the docks on the northern end of the lake. I prefer Black with blue flake which seems to work the best. Good luck and if you have any specific questions you can email me at "[email protected]":)
Do you still fish black lake. Iv been going there the weekend after Mother’s Day for a week for 25 years. I’m sure we have crossed paths at some point. Use to stay at the cabins then the campground at back bay now we stay right by the narrows.

Latest posts

Back