Fished Australia now in Bangalore!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Well we ended up with BEAUTIFUL weather on Saturday north of Sydney, 60's and sunny! It was a bit cold launching and getting bait. They use a pump that sucks sand contents from the muck and shoots it out where you can find the yabbies (think 1 armed shrimp).

But we fished all day, had a great time with 2 of my team in Sydney and caught about a dozen fish each. Nothing of size, but I got my first and many "flatties" and their Breem. We did hook (on a hand line no less!) A nice shark! He wrapped himself up in our 4 lines but we got a few pictures. gotta go online and figure out what kind it is!

Well, back to work and the real life! I arrived in Bangalore, India last nite for a week of meetings. Hoping that the bombings on Friday in bangalore were isolated, and none of them were near our hotel or office, so we are feeling safe, but will take extra precautions.

CIII, any chance you are in the area and could 'drop' in to ride shotgun!!

Trep

flattie small.JPG

Mike with breem small.JPG

shark small.JPG

It sounds to me like they're working you too hard Michael but you're looking good anyway.:huh::unsure: Glad you got out on a beautiful day to dip a line. Are you ever coming home?:(

Uncle Billy

nice pictures trep glad you enjoyed. when they hollow get down don't jump up and start dancing lol. Be safe man

Trep,

If that last picture is of the mysterious shark, it looks like a nurse shark to me.

What a great opportunity you have had to 'fish the world'!

Mo - Cool, Nurse Shark! I just hope I know what a bass looks like!!!

My next chance to fish will be on my birthday Sept 7th, i'll be back in the US!

Trep

If I remember correctly, the nurse shark is one of a very few (if not the only) shark species that can stay perfectly still and survive. Most others have to keep moving to force water through their gills, but the nurse can pump water. They are typically found in and around reefs rather than out in open ocean.

There's a joke about how you can tell if a shark is really a nurse shark..., but I can't tell it here.

Those things don't look as nasty as a Great White or Bull shark, but don't stick your hand in its mouth.

Mo - Friend in Sydney looked it up, its called a Port Jackson shark:

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.abc.net.au/storm/exposure/img/se50a.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.abc.net.au/storm/exposure/fifty1.htm&h=300&w=500&sz=37&tbnid=COyP-bqzOSkJ::&tbnh=78&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dport%2Bjackson%2Bshark&hl=en&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=3&ct=image&cd=1

Uncle Billy - Yup, I am eventually coming home. Confirmed with the boss this week my last day here in China will be October 15th, so 10 more weeks to go and i'm back in the USA!

Trep

Great pics and looks like winter there HAHAHAHAHAH

Also looked like a mess with the shark too...time to cut some line!

Sorry I missed you down there.....I may be out that way in a year or so though.....

Back