Fish Finder Winter Storage

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DONAOL

Reaction score
I had fish finders for 30 year, but all were removable. I always storage them inside at home. My new boat has a in the console mounted fish finder. I live in Central New York. Should I remove this fish finder or leave it in the boat for the winter? The boat is stored inside a unheated dry barn.

The only time I removed our fish finder was when I needed to run into town for some items and had to leave the boat at a public dock. Probably a good thing cause someone that wanted to go fishing but didnt have a rod, "borrowed" one of mine. It wasn't a pretty rod, kind-of-an-Ugly Stick....LOL . Wonder if he caught anything ?

Had two friends that left fishing gear in the back of their trucks, one went into Wal Mart, the other went golfing. Both lost their rods , reels and tackle boxes. If I have to leave the boat everything gets locked up.

It's truly sad the world is becoming such a crappy place....

We have two mounted on ours. Never remove either.

I don’t think I’ve ever removed a fish finder.
Your winter temperatures are fairly mild compared to ours. Day time temperatures in the 30's in January would be a nice day here. Also can go to -10.

Have never removed any sonar or fish finder, but fish year round. Have locks on my fish finders except the on mounted in the console.
Have been hit 2 times on rods and reels, first time was in a High School tournament. loaned 3 of my rods to my high school team and were left out on the deck during weigh-in,
Next time was at the boat dock, broke the lock and took all of them. Had pictures of him caring them off the dock. Never arrested him. Now have an 1 1/2 inch aluminum across the front deck now. Nitro sides on the front deck is not high enough for the lock bar.

Latest posts

Back