Fish Finder Mount on Fish & Ski Models

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Plummer

Reaction score
Attention Fish & Ski owners. I want to put a fishfinder near my dash but am having trouble locating a place to put it. The dash is rounded and the windshield is close to it, leaving very little room. I have considered a swing-away mount on the side of the dash but that would probably be in the way of anyone walking from front to back. Any suggestions would be appreciated, especially from Fish & Ski owners (I have the 185 F/S)

Jay

I also have the 185 Sport, but I have not mounted a depthfinder at the console. I have a Lowrance x75 on the bow with a TM transducer. I may add one at the console in the future. I'll have to look and see where a good spot would be.

Bob G.

I just installed one on my 185 this past spring after spending most of the winter trying to figure out where to mount it. I used a RAM mount attached to the floor in the corner below the cupholder. The top of the fish finder ended up at about the same height as the cupholder.

With the RAM mount I was able to adjust the finder at an angle that was easy to see and tight into the corner so it's not in the way. If I were at home I'd go out and take a picture. I spent hours trying to figure out a way to mount one higher on the console and I just don't think it can be done without being obtrusive.

Jim,

I would like to see a pic if you have time to post one. I thought maybe I was missing something but obviously this is not an easy problem to fix. If you know what mount you used, that would be helpful also. One side note. I asked both a service technician and a sales rep at BPS and neither had suggestions. The sales rep said "You tell us where you want it and I'm sure we can make it work". I think I will take it to the original shop where it was purchased and let them install it. I am considering the Garman 160/240 or the Lowrance X51/71.

Jay

I have a 185 SPORT and mounted an older H'bird (Wide Eye, I think) in front of the windshield on the driver's side. I can see it fine through the windshield and I can reach it without too much problem through the opening between the windshield and the frame. I can also swivel it around and use it when fishing up front.

I have a 185 SPORT and mounted an older H'bird (Wide Eye, I think) in front of the windshield on the driver's side. I can see it fine through the windshield and I can reach it without too much problem through the opening between the windshield and the frame. I can also swivel it around and use it when fishing up front.

Hey guys, I still have a 'bird 200 DX for sale. Only used 1 year. Ready to go, I'll take $60 for it now!

Rob,

Would like to see a pic of yours also. I like the idea of being able to use it from the front as well. Would you mount it there again after using it this way?

Jay

I'll post a pic tonite.

Hey Rob, I don't need it, but I might by it out of pity.

Sorry, I meant "buy".

My wife would love to see me correcting myself instead of everyone else for a change.

Jim

Ha Ha, hey I'll take pity right now! LOL Gotta an '89 TF 1800 I'll sell ya for $11,000 too, LOL it's a steal!

Here's the picture of my fish finder install. As much as I would love to have a Lowrance X-91 at the console, I'm afraid it would be too big.
ffp2.JPG

Jim,

The mount looks pretty good. Where did you mount transducer? Does the depthfinder ever blank out when you crank it up?

Bob G.

I wanted to mount the transducer on the the step, but there really isn't enough room there and even if I could have, the trailer bunks extend past the step just enough to push the transcducer up. I can't even reach the existing transducer thats in the bilge area for the digital depth finder so I could'nt install the new transducer to shoot through the hull through the bilge area either. I did a little homework and found that the existing transducer is the same frequency as the new one, just a narrower cone angle and a different plug. Soooo, two days before a 6 hour trip to Dale Hollow with no time for a trial run, I transplanted the plugs and crossed my fingers. It works just fine. Comparing the readings to my Lowrance X-65 on the bow, it won't show as much detail, but I can tell a hard bottom from a soft bottom and locate structure. It'll get me in the neighborhood and the Lowrance will put me on the spot. I've had no problem with signal loss.

Sorry for the long post, just sharing my pain. LOL

Jim

Any chance you could repost the picture of your mount? I am having the same problem with my nitro sport figuring out where to put the fish finder
Here's the picture of my fish finder install. As much as I would love to have a Lowrance X-91 at the console, I'm afraid it would be too big.
ffp2.JPG

I have a 2002 188 Sport Fish n Ski. I have a Helix 10 at the dash. These pics a from when I first got one, basically two different length ram arms.

Attachments

• IMG_20180501_180335706_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180501_180335706_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20180501_180453328_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180501_180453328_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Garmin echomap 73sv mounted on dash of tracker targa 17', I measured the size I could mount that didn't block my forward vision or view of my guages,but still had all the features I wanted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211022-004450_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20211022-004450_Photos.jpg
    699.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back