First day out

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
First day out of the year, mostly to make sure the SS Randy was running on all cylinders. Well my 11 year old and I went to the local lake for two hours and caught 10 bass and some crappie, all on jerk baits. Could not get a bite on anything else but had a blast.

Hope everyone has a great year on the water!

Randy!

How's the water temps there. I was out Saturday and it was 44 - 47 here (Western Illinois)

Way to go Randy..You do know that getting that many fish the first day out is like the 'kiss of death'..The next couple of times out now is going to be a NOTHING DAY. And, I bet your 11 year old beat you didn't he?:lol:

I'm only being nasty because I couldn't go Randy.:rolleyes: I'm happy you had a good day!

Uncle Billy

ACtually I beat him (luckly) and I found water anywhere from 47 to 60 degrees, depending on the depth. Most was around 53 to 55.

Uncle Bill you are probably right. It is like catching a keeper on the first cast of a tournament ..... nothing the rest of the day.

Randy!

Latest posts

Back