First Bass in the USA!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THOMMO59

Reaction score
Well, I went over to your neck of the woods form Australia in May, fished at Diamond Valley Lake and Lake Perris with Pete Marino Guiding Services. This is my first ever time fishing over there and caught around 45 Bass for the 2 trips, biggest going about 6.5lbs.

Had an absolute ball, learnt a bucket load about these compared to ours and made some great friends for my next trip.

I'm about to attempt to upload a few pics on this site so be gentle with me if I screw up!

Attachments

• DVL Bass.jpg
    DVL Bass.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 281
Good on ya, mate! Much like the perch fishing back home I'll bet. You get a chance to fish in S FL you'll want to try out Snook. It's your Barry's cousin of the Caribbean. :)

Good for you, Cali has some great fishing opprotunities

Glad u had a blast out here Mark!!! You are officially part our team here at Broke Ass Bass Anglers.

Thanks guys, Dan, out bass fishing is similar but also so different. It would take me forever to explain it on here. You'll just have to come over one day and I'll show you

Yes we do Tox, but Barramundi are only found in tropical waters, northern australia and thats like going from Florida to LA from where I am. We have Aussie Bass, Estuary Perch (almost identical) Golden Perch, Silver Perch, Catfish and them dirty rotten carp in our typical freshwater areas.

Thanks guys, Dan, out bass fishing is similar but also so different. It would take me forever to explain it on here. You'll just have to come over one day and I'll show you

Don't tempt me. You might just see me on a fishing walkabout with a new bag of fruit! :D

Latest posts

Back