Finally,...one done...one to go!!

• Thread starter Bill McElroy [URL]http://www.jamiemcelroyart.com[/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Tomorrow our oldest daughter Jamie, graduates from Grand Valley State University! SWEET!!

It took her 4 years and a semester, to get her Bachelor's of Fine Arts with a Major in Illustration and her minor in creative writing. Her Sr. art exhibit was excellent...infact the school's Art Gallery bought 3 of her prints for permanent display.

She'll be living with us for awhile until she can get started on her own....and since she's such a great kid (well,..she's 22 anyway!!) we don't mind that at all! She wants to do freelance work now to get started, and then eventually write and illustrate her own line of children's books focusing on nature, life's lesson's and some fantasy stuff thrown in. If any of you know any school teacher's or have family and friends that are looking for art work for their classrooms or whatever,.....have them contact Jamie. She'll be available immediately!! (Well...after this weekend anyway!) ;)

Gotta leave home at 7a.m. tomorrow to get over there for commencement....I DON'T need crappy weather to drive in!!

Check out her website,....it's only a portion of what she can do....but her portfolio is amazing!! Cool stuff...:rolleyes:

Her younger sister Julie, is on track to graduate from Western Mi. Univ. late next year or the spring of 2011. She'll also have a BFA in either Art or Photography. They sure didn't fall far from the tree....:cool:

Mac
http://www.jamiemcelroyart.com

She really Is good..Congrats Mac..Always nice to be a proud Daddy...

Mac really nice stuff. I see you like the aquatic types, Jamie is nuts over squirrels so what is Julie's inspiration?

Randy!

Randy,...Julie's all over the place right now....she's into pencil art, ceramic's, photography,..oil painting,...all based on her current assignments. She loves to draw tho..she did a pix of my dad in pencil, that looks like a photo!!(I have it framed and hanging in our living room)

Here's one she did of her cat...also in pencil.

JuliePencilCat.JPG

Her "inspiration" changes weekly....it's directly proportionate to the last grade she got on an assignment!! :lol::rolleyes:

Congrat's! Very nice.

Now you will find out the other hidden secret of raising them. You just think you are done!

Enjoy the moment, for it truly is special. I have never been more proud then I was (and am still today) of the day I watched my son get his dimploma from Sam Houston State University. It was a very, special moment.

Tex

Congrats Mac.

you'll feel even better when they're all out of college the bad note is you'll probably be hitting the big 5...0... by then. I wish her the best of luc.

Mike Grandick

aka fatrap

Wow that cat is better than most of the pictures I take.

Congrats, you must be proud!

Randy!

Mac,

Congrats to her and you and your wife. My youngest went back to Grad school this past summer... She gotn her Bachelors in Social Work in 3 1/2 years (did summers). I was pretty impressed... But, she is finishing her Masters (normal 2 years) in 16 months... Then, she will move back home for the second time... So, take my approach... they leave soon enough and return soon enough and then leave again... And retuirn again... Eventually, they run out of reasons to move back home! In the mean time, enjoy them... I miss not having them all here...:(

Congrats Mac!! Well done to you, the missus AND Julie. Some real talent there!!

Congrats Mac!! I can just imagine how proud you guys are and you rightfully should be. Enjoy your weekend!! Go get'em Jamie!

Tim

Mac, you should be very proud!! I truly wish the best for Jamie, and your family.

Bubby:)

Mac,

Giving your daughters the opportunity to do what they love is the best measure of success for a father.

-wow, sorry, just impressed myself with this one....if this quote isn't already taken, I think I'll pen my name to it.

Good job, and great illustrations.

Pierre

looks like the nut did not fall far from the tree... she is good!

congrats

mike c

Congrats Mac. Goodluck to Jamie, I'm sure she will do well!

Congrats. Be patient with recent grads, it's slow out there right now. Plenty of talent there for sure.

That's awesome Mac. Congrats to all. I remember how proud I was when Jennifer graduated. :wub:

Gene

WoW!! That's wonderful Mac and I hope you're a very proud PaPa, you should be! Hooray for Jamie, I hope she goes far.

While I was reading some of the posts here I was wondering if she did animal portraits and then the cat drawing popped up. I just may have to get in touch with Jamie!:)

Uncle Billy

Unc,....the Cat was drawn by Julie,.....Jamie does more digital/cartoony/fantasy stuff....

BUT either one of them would be more than happy to hook you up.....they're both VERY good! (I'm assuming you're thinking of a portrait of "Sandy"?)...VERY COOL!!

At Jamie's graduation last weekend,..Julie showed me a pix on her phone of a charcoal drawing she's working on of a woman's face..........HOLY @#$$~$...I was floored!! All I said to her was,.."Julie,..someday YOU will be doing portraits of Presidents!!" The coolest part about this whole thing is,...she never took a single art class in High School!! She never knew she had the talent...heck,..WE NEVER knew!! She took 1 art class at college her freshman year as an "elective"...and she fell in love with it! Her teacher told her she was a natural and it was her "calling" LOL!! So,..she took 2 more classes her sophmore year and then changed her major to "Art Education"...now she wants to be an Art Teacher! (Her instructor's still cannot believe she didn't take any classes in HS and this is a newly discovered once hidden talent......she even surprises herself!!)

As soon as she's done with the charcoal drawing I'll have her send me a .jpeg and i'll post it here. I'm very proud of both kids,..they'll be very successful doing what they love to do! As parent's,..we can't ask for anymore than that!!:rolleyes:;):wub::cool:

Mac, you are dead right on that count.

We hope to raise them to be responsible and able to make decisions. If they can do those two things and also be happy, that is great!

Tex

Mac, missed this post last week...congrats to your daughter!

Latest posts

Back