Finally Done with HDS 10 -HDS 5-LSS2 Structure scan install

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Herbert

Reaction score
My first ever install!!

Attachments

• march 2014 phone 394.jpg
    march 2014 phone 394.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 278
  • march 2014 phone 391.jpg
    march 2014 phone 391.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 262
Eric that is a nice clean install. I noticed the hole for the cables does not have a grommet, that would make it look complete and keep the cables from chaffing. Just a thought, all looks great. :D

Little late for the grommet I think but I know something else will work that a lot of fishfinders have to cover the holes. A clamshell that will also help divert water away from the hole. A SS one would look nice ;)

66813998.jpg

You could probably still get a grommet on by just sliding over the cables but the clamshell looks good also. Maybe you could use both. Just thinking of the chaffing from running while on the water and even on the trailer while being pulled to and from the lake. I have the clamshell on my boat and I'm not sure if there is a grommet under it or not. Will check it out to see, curious to know.

I have a white power coated clam shell from UBP!! just hasn't arrived yet. I also have a body plug from the bottom of a ford truck door that I will install under the clam shell.
Where do you get the Lowrance covers at?
Mark both covers came with my units from lowrance.

My first ever install!!
congrats on your install. Looks good. Question for you did you run your power straight from the batteries or from under the console? Thanks I'll be doing my install once the nice weather starts.

I ran the wires to a separate fuse panel that goes to the battery, all 3 finders, LSS2 box are the only things connected to it.

Latest posts

Back