Fender back for Trailstar Nx898 Trailer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ray lee

Reaction score
I am trying to locate the back of the fender for my 2006 898 trailer. The local Tracker Dealer can not locate any information for trailers later than 2007. Any suggestions? I know I could use plywood, but the durability is poor. I'd perfer to replace with the hardened vinyl backing?

I have always wanted to try using Starboard, for a fender backer, but I'm not sure if you can staple to it.

If what you're doing will staple to wood, it'll staple to that.

When I did mine, I did use 1/2" plywood. I used the old backer as a pattern, cut it and sealed it, then gave it a couple of coats of the bed liner stuff. After that, I stapled my carpet on it. There is a company in Mo. that sells the plastic stuff that they make those cutting boards out of, but the name has left my memory bank. I think I got the name from someone on the old NTOWS. I didn't use that because the price was a little more than I had budgeted for that project, and I had other things I wanted.

Thank you, Mr. Skidmore. I'm going to try the plywood and use the coating system you mentioned.

Latest posts

Back